Ruger Wrangler

Ruger Wrangler

This is a discussion on Ruger Wrangler within the Wheel Guns forums, part of the Other Firearms category; To be honest, I've never been able to justify the money for a Single Six in 22LR I've got a Heritage Rough Rider and really ...

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ruger Wrangler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Ruger Wrangler 
    To be honest, I've never been able to justify the money for a Single Six in 22LR
    I've got a Heritage Rough Rider and really like it, it's a lot of fun. It's cheap, but its worth what it costs. You get what you pay for.

I think I'm going to pick one of these up. Saw one dealer had it for $179 but out of stock. Seen others for $189. It looks to be of much better quality than the Heritage, but not as fine as the Single Six.

https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html

Ruger Wrangler-4d855db7-76d8-4952-8556-926334b3e9bf.jpeg
    Last edited by Greg B.; 04-21-2019 at 09:53 PM.

2. #2 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    I have a Single Six and love it but am very cautious when I use it for fear of scratching it ... the Wrangler in Burnt Bronze is on the list ... her biological sister is waiting her arrival ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruger Wrangler-ruger-p90.jpg  
    rclark28 likes this.

... P Series Rule ... Glocks drool ...
    NRA Life Member

3. #3 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    ETS
    I like that color combo in either model.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    The Wrangler has made the list for certain. Although the Heritage is a good firearm for the price. The Wrangler is a Ruger and I may have a place for it. The Bronze color combo does look good.
    Gunblast video-> https://gunblast.com/Ruger-Wrangler.htm
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

6. #5 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    Bought my Single Six new in 1959 and it has seen many thousands of rounds through the little tube. As tight as it was when new and shoots as well as it ever did, just wore the anodized finish off the grip frame over the past 60 years. It'll go to one of my grandsons before long. As much as it is sentimental, that won't stop me from buying a Wrangler because..... why not?

rclark28, unclenunzie and Bgoff689 like this.

7. #6 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    Hello Gang! Havn't checked in for a minute, so I thought I might. Picked up my new Wrangler 22LR Today. Gonna shoot it a bit tomorrow. Weight and balance feel great. Nice to be able to find 22LR shells again. Missed you guys.
    Why is there air?

8. #7 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    Quote Originally Posted by framedcraig1 View Post
    Hello Gang! Havn't checked in for a minute, so I thought I might. Picked up my new Wrangler 22LR Today. Gonna shoot it a bit tomorrow. Weight and balance feel great. Nice to be able to find 22LR shells again. Missed you guys.
    Let us know how it goes on your first test and range visit. Our LGS has them on preorder only and we are going to get one for introducing our granddaughter to single action. The reality is I am getting one because I want one! I have heard good things on the forums and it looks like Ruger will sell many.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

9. #8 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    Let us know how it goes on your first test and range visit. Our LGS has them on preorder only and we are going to get one for introducing our granddaughter to single action. The reality is I am getting one because I want one! I have heard good things on the forums and it looks like Ruger will sell many.
    So I've shot it twice, and its a keeper. At 10 yards it is bang on ( sorry...couldn't resist ). I used some highlight paint on the front blade for aiming, and that peeled off the silver finish in about a minute, but it was not needed anywho. So easy to sight, and it stays rock solid in these 70 year old hands. No question its going to be one of favorite range wheelguns. Under $200... come on peeps! Pop for one of these. (There I go again..) Hope you all had a great Independence Day!
    Why is there air?

10. #9 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    Quote Originally Posted by framedcraig1 View Post
    Man, where you been? Haven't heard from you in a while! Good to see you posting again!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

11. #10 Re: Ruger Wrangler 
    The Wrangler came out in April (I think). they were everywhere. now they're nowhere.
    problems, I wonder?

Me: It's not how often you fall down, but how often you get back up!
    Cop: That's not how this field sobriety test works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads