Ruger SR9

Ruger SR9

This is a discussion on Ruger SR9 within the SR Discussion forums, part of the SR category; Perhaps the finest Semi-auto ever made by Ruger. You do not in this world see many guns that are discontinued and then come back from ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Whiskeyshooter
  • 1 Post By rclark28

Thread: Ruger SR9

1. #1 Ruger SR9 
    Perhaps the finest Semi-auto ever made by Ruger. You do not in this world see many guns that are discontinued and then come back from the Grave. And no wonder. It is a Icon of Ruger or what they use to be. Rugged, Reliable, affordable.
    I have been adding Magazines for this gun for years. Just recently Put a new striker and Gallaway Striker spring and rod. The only thing I did not like was the trigger was too light.
    Ruger was well ahead of the game with the SR9. Notice the forward serrations! The ability to add a 17 rd magazine was pure genius and have it fit so will. Break one down and just look at all the steel. SOLID. By God the way a American gun should be made.

I believe Ruger discontinued the gun simply because it was too expensive to make. Cheap guns from them seem to see just as well, so the consumer just did not have a clue.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.

2. #2 Re: Ruger SR9 
    The SR series for me are well made for the price. I have a 9E that I took a liking to and still take for target practice. Other family members have both full size SR9's and SR9c. All take the same mags that work with our PCC9's. Good to have all these share the same 17 round mags.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruger SR9-ruger_9e_001.jpg  
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

3. #3 Re: Ruger SR9 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    The SR series for me are well made for the price. I have a 9E that I took a liking to and still take for target practice. Other family members have both full size SR9's and SR9c. All take the same mags that work with our PCC9's. Good to have all these share the same 17 round mags.
    Yep, never even once thought about a PC carbine until recently. But with recent events obviously things change and now serious considering one. I have a very well supply of 9mm and this might be the right weapon for home defense on top of the many shotguns I own. I think I would use Hi capacity Glock mags even though I do not own a Glock.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Ruger SR9 
    The 17 round magazine that fits in my PCC9 also fits our 9E, SR9's and SR9c's like I stated above. We just stocked up these mags and deployed them around the property. This wonder 9 setup for a tier one defense for the home was because of capacity and it made sense because we all had 9mm SR series and a carbine. Just ordered another carbine. These will allow us to get to more firepower if needed. I love my 1911's, 38's and 357's but times have changed. I still carry my LCRx and S&W642 but have made the 9mm a primary. It is also easier to get other family members to train with the 9mm's. Some like my revolvers and 45's but not all enjoy training with them. The 9mm's gets used often and that is good. All our Ruger SR series firearms work well and have held up over time. Good on Ruger for a good series IMHO.
    *You hope and pray that you never have to access the AR's and other firearms but these 9mm will give us a fighting chance for sure.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads