SR22 and Golden Bullets

SR22 and Golden Bullets

This is a discussion on SR22 and Golden Bullets within the SR Discussion forums, part of the SR category; Went to the range yesterday with my SR22 and ran Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr RN and found my SR22 loved them. Always shot Mini ...

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SR22 and Golden Bullets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Went to the range yesterday with my SR22 and ran Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr RN and found my SR22 loved them. Always shot Mini Mags with good luck and will add the Golden Bullets as a staple. My Mark III 22/45 also cycles well with them so they are keepers for me.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

2. #2 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    I prefer the golden bullets in my SR22 as well ...

... P Series Rule ... Glocks drool ...
    NRA Life Member

3. #3 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Quote Originally Posted by rmichael63 View Post
    I prefer the golden bullets in my SR22 as well ...
    I am the one on the other forum that asked you what ammo you used in your SR22 and you recommended Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr RN. I tried them several times in my Mark III 22/45 and SR22's. This time I tested them at the range for accuracy out of my SR22 and really had good groups for a SR22. I thank you for your recommendation big time. My SR22 does eat anything but I like these and will stick with them. Good to see you here, I joined to get in touch with PNWruger and I just started to save for my first "P" series. I am getting a bit older(61yrs) and just in the past 2 years got back in to my semi autos and I think it is time I get a "P" series for the range. Nothing special just a 9mm for me the range and nightstand. After I get my Single Action I will be asking what "P"series to look for. I may have decided on a Single Six that will fit the bill and can't wait to get it. It depends on what this guy will take for it. Be safe and enjoy!
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    I am the one on the other forum that asked you what ammo you used in your SR22 and you recommended Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr RN. I tried them several times in my Mark III 22/45 and SR22's. This time I tested them at the range for accuracy out of my SR22 and really had good groups for a SR22. I thank you for your recommendation big time. My SR22 does eat anything but I like these and will stick with them. Good to see you here, I joined to get in touch with PNWruger and I just started to save for my first "P" series. I am getting a bit older(61yrs) and just in the past 2 years got back in to my semi autos and I think it is time I get a "P" series for the range. Nothing special just a 9mm for me the range and nightstand. After I get my Single Action I will be asking what "P"series to look for. I may have decided on a Single Six that will fit the bill and can't wait to get it. It depends on what this guy will take for it. Be safe and enjoy!
    Welcome to this forum sir ... glad the Golden Bullets panned out for you. My biggest problem is finding them at a good price ... the LR ammo that might not work real well in my SR22 i use in my Single Six ...

NRA Life Member

6. #5 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Targe Sports USA has them for $69 a bucket. 05C/ rnd. That's the best price I've seen in a long time for Rem. Golden. I also like them. They shoot reliably and accurately.

7. #6 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    Targe Sports USA has them for $69 a bucket. 05C/ rnd. That's the best price I've seen in a long time for Rem. Golden. I also like them. They shoot reliably and accurately.
    Thanks for the info sir ...

NRA Life Member

8. #7 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    My sr22 will fire any .22lr ammo from CCI Velocitors to crap bulk mystery bullets. The most tolerant 22 I own....well, tied with 10/22.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

9. #8 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Quote Originally Posted by wsitgm View Post
    My sr22 will fire any .22lr ammo from CCI Velocitors to crap bulk mystery bullets. The most tolerant 22 I own....well, tied with 10/22.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Glad you have great success with the bulk stuff. I do not. Mainly Winchester and Federal don't cycle well in my SR22 ...

NRA Life Member

10. #9 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    My SR22 is a old one, bought when they first came out. Loves any ammo I feed it and jumps up and down with joy when it see's me bringing out the bucket of Remington Goldens.

11. #10 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    *I know there are many that do use Golden Bullets. IMHO it is a good plinking and range round. My rimfires cycle it and I get good enough groups.
    *The other good thing that is good about the Golden Bullets for us is they cycle and run in our LCP22LR's. So far we have put 500 plus rounds through ours and 200 of them have been GB's. Still testing the LCPII22LR's and having a blast.
    *GB's work in our Mark III 22/45, SR22's and LCRx so it is great to have a plinking ammo for all of our Ruger's.
    *Just enjoy the heck out of rimfire these past x2 years.
    *rmichael63 recommended GB's to me last year and I have been buying them ever since. Glad I took the chance.
    Last edited by rclark28; 06-21-2020 at 12:33 AM.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads