SR22 and Golden Bullets - Page 2

SR22 and Golden Bullets

This is a discussion on SR22 and Golden Bullets within the SR Discussion forums, part of the SR category; Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter My SR22 is a old one, bought when they first came out. Loves any ammo I feed it and jumps up ...

Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SR22 and Golden Bullets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    My SR22 is a old one, bought when they first came out. Loves any ammo I feed it and jumps up and down with joy when it see's me bringing out the bucket of Remington Goldens.
    *We have one too from when they first came out. That one is my wife's "Safe Queen" with just less than 4k rounds.
    *Mine has 8,700+ rounds and is x2 years old. ship date 2015?
    *Easy to clean and will cycle any ammo I put through it. It is accurate enough for my needs.
    *I have grown to like them and they have run quite well. I just am a fan of DA/SA autos and use the SR22 for double tap drills and training. Cheaper than .40 & .45 cal.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

2. #12 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    *We have one too from when they first came out. That one is my wife's "Safe Queen" with just less than 4k rounds.
    *Mine has 8,700+ rounds and is x2 years old. ship date 2015?
    *Easy to clean and will cycle any ammo I put through it. It is accurate enough for my needs.
    *I have grown to like them and they have run quite well. I just am a fan of DA/SA autos and use the SR22 for double tap drills and training. Cheaper than .40 & .45 cal.

The SR22 has always been a extremely reliable 22.cal. I shot so many rounds through mine, that it was worn out. I wanted Ruger to do repairs but they said it was no longer under the usual warranty. However, they would, repair the gun but I would have to pay for shipping up to them and they would do the repair and send it back on their own dime. Which was more than fair. However I made a list of many parts and requested they send me the parts which they did. I replaced a lot of springs etc. Great Customer service. One of the odd characteristics of the SR22 is the fact that it has some crazy ability to not get very dirty. I personally do not like the weird trigger which Ruger makes in so many of their guns now. But life if full of give and take so just accept it.
    Mine is not very accurate, but for fast shooting at center mass is all that is necessary anyway. It is not a target gun.

All this said, the best Semi auto that I have and as totally amazed me is the Phoenix HPA 22. My gosh this gun is one heck of a sweet shooter and extremely accurate with nice sights and trigger. I can do some serious fast shooting with this gun. And cannot agree more with Gun Test magazine that said the gun shot better than guns costing 4 times as much. Heck my first one cost me only $85.00.

rclark28 likes this.

3. #13 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    There are many of these Phoenix HPA 22's out there and many of them cycle very well. You can not beat this Phoenix IMHO. When I tested our Ruger's there was a girl hitting very tight groups with a real old Phoenix next to us. She was a good shooter with any rimfire but with my old eyes and hands I could hit anything I pointed that Phoenix at. Love those darn things.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    I do a lot of fast action drills. Here is one simple drill I use the Phoenix for. Very simple and can use anywhere. This day I used the Phoenix.

Take three or more targets and paste on a larger target. NOW as fast as you can possibly pull the trigger, move the gun to all three targets, double tap one, on top etc, then move to bottom or middle target. You MUST pull the trigger as fast as you have the ability too.
    Every time I do this, when I am finished, I have been so focused, I am almost to a certain degree DIZZY. Takes me some time to refocus. But it is fun and really helps you learn to shoot without the sights.

10 yds Phoenix
    rclark28 likes this.

6. #15 Re: SR22 and Golden Bullets 
    Whiskeyshooter. Thanks for sharing this exercise. I have been shooting smaller firearms lately for fun and just to practice. I really like this one and will try this for sure. I double tap and practice point and shoot but very disorganized since I got pack to the range. Time to get more organized in my old age. Thanks!
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads