Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong?

Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong?

This is a discussion on Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong? within the SR Discussion forums, part of the SR category; I have a new SR9C that I've been to the range with a couple times that consistently shot far to the right, even at short ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pennsy

Thread: Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong?

1. #1 Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong? 
    New User
    I have a new SR9C that I've been to the range with a couple times that consistently shot far to the right, even at short distances like 7-10 yards. I'm shooting nothing exotic, just American Eagle FMJ.

I have a bore sight tool (Site Lite SL 100) I stuck in there and low and behold at 25 feet, sights were pointing a good 6-8 inches to left of the dot (ie would shoot 6-8 inches to the right). I drifted the rear sight so the sights now point to the bore sight dot but am surprised at how far I had to drift the rear sight. The rear sight base is near flush with the left side of the slide and very visibly off center. This doesn't make sense to me, is this a "normal" adjustment or what could be the issue that could cause such a misalignment?

2. #2 Re: Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong? 
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMind View Post
    I have a new SR9C that I've been to the range with a couple times that consistently shot far to the right, even at short distances like 7-10 yards. I'm shooting nothing exotic, just American Eagle FMJ.

I have a bore sight tool (Site Lite SL 100) I stuck in there and low and behold at 25 feet, sights were pointing a good 6-8 inches to left of the dot (ie would shoot 6-8 inches to the right). I drifted the rear sight so the sights now point to the bore sight dot but am surprised at how far I had to drift the rear sight. The rear sight base is near flush with the left side of the slide and very visibly off center. This doesn't make sense to me, is this a "normal" adjustment or what could be the issue that could cause such a misalignment?
    That would be a factory return if it were mine .
    Denny4kids and rpott3 like this.

3. #3 Re: Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong? 
    Welcome to the forum LibertyMind! How does your front sight look? Is it loose or not in the middle? Also have someone else shoot it. Pennsy's advice is good also...give ruger a call. Denny
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong? 
    Have you shot it since the bore sighting?
    Sometimes those bore sighters, especially laser, can be off some.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

6. #5 Re: Had to significantly drift rear sight on SR9C, what could be wrong? 
    I would call Ruger customer service and tell them the issue you are having and they will advise on what to do next.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere.
    μολὼν λαβέ

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads