My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday!

My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday!

This is a discussion on My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! within the SR Discussion forums, part of the SR category; My Son and a good friend took other friends shooting last Sunday. Kind of a birthday breakfast/range trip deal. I was doing something else that ...

Like Tree13Likes

Thread: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    My Son and a good friend took other friends shooting last Sunday. Kind of a birthday breakfast/range trip deal. I was doing something else that day. Cody my Son and his friend were the only experienced shooters. His friend RC is an owner of Freedom Munitions and supplied all the ammo. Cody told me they needed a 9mm so I put a few extra drops of oil on the slide and a handful of magazines. He tossed the weapon in his range bag and took off. Cody said there were two 44mag. Cowboy guns, a 44mag lever carbine, a 12 gauge pump and a couple AR's The group spent all day shooting and Cody got really sunburned and came home exhausted. He found out how hard it is to be a safety officer and keep an eye on new shooters. My SR9c was the most popular for the new shooters. Some went from never holding a weapon to quickly shooting the plate rack without a miss by the end of the day. Anyway, RC gave Cody a round count of close to 1000 rounds of 9mm shot through my 9c! Not one hicup or problem of any kind! WOW! Denny
    9190, pennsy, RogueLCP and 1 others like this.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

2. #2 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    Love to hear about young people shooting! And unlimited ammo, what else could anyone ask for! Glad they enjoyed themselves!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Joenaper likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

3. #3 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    Think I'll take my grandson and one of his friends this weekend after hearing about your son's range trip.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    Sounds like a good day . Were they using reloads in the SR9c ? Thats a testament to both the ammo and the gun .
    Joenaper likes this.

6. #5 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Sounds like a good day . Were they using reloads in the SR9c ? Thats a testament to both the ammo and the gun .
    I don't know if they were reloads or new ammo. I will ask Cody but I don't think he will know. I don't see his friend RC very often and will sure ask him next time. Den
    pennsy likes this.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

7. #6 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    I don't know if they were reloads or new ammo. I will ask Cody but I don't think he will know. I don't see his friend RC very often and will sure ask him next time. Den
    Lol, I don't think the SR9C cares if it was reloads or whatever. It eats any ammo and has a ferocious hunger. I laughed at that Idiotic internet gun jerk (The firearms Guy) say the SR9C was finicky or words to that effect.

The SR9C is one tough gun. And so easy to shoot all day and the next.
    Denny4kids and Joenaper like this.

8. #7 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Lol, I don't think the SR9C cares if it was reloads or whatever. It eats any ammo and has a ferocious hunger. I laughed at that Idiotic internet gun jerk (The firearms Guy) say the SR9C was finicky or words to that effect.

The SR9C is one tough gun. And so easy to shoot all day and the next.
    I honestly can't remember my 9c ever having a jam or problem. One time at an early IDPA match the stress got to me and I was pulling the trigger sideways and the weapon would not fire. LOL anything can and will happen under stress. I'm a cool operator now. But sometimes I think back when a teenager and cut my feet on some glass, It was pretty bad. My Mom was an emergency room Nurse and also worked surgery, well She completely fell apart when I hurt myself. Mom took care of business and stopped the bleeding but I'm surprised I didn't go into shock with Her screaming. I just have to have faith all my training/practice will pay off if ever needed for real. Den
    9190 and pennsy like this.

9. #8 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    My SR9c is my favorite handgun by far. It's more reliable than my Glock and I can shoot it better than any full size so far. I'm thinking about a CZ 75 because of all the great things I've heard. If I get the CZ, it has a high bar to beat.

10. #9 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    My SR9c is my favorite handgun by far. It's more reliable than my Glock and I can shoot it better than any full size so far. I'm thinking about a CZ 75 because of all the great things I've heard. If I get the CZ, it has a high bar to beat.
    I like the CZ, but buying anything to beat the SR9C would be expensive futile effort. I don't shoot it much, just too easy at indoor ranges. I prefer to focus on the short distances with the guns I would most likey have to use in a real life situation, the carry guns I have. I know I can pick up the SR9C and start killing targets on any given day. And I have shot it enough to know it will run all day long and then some. I spend any extra cash for extra magazines and ammo.
    Joenaper likes this.

11. #10 Re: My SR9c had an amazing amount of rounds shot through her Sunday! 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    I like the CZ, but buying anything to beat the SR9C would be expensive futile effort. I don't shoot it much, just too easy at indoor ranges. I prefer to focus on the short distances with the guns I would most likey have to use in a real life situation, the carry guns I have. I know I can pick up the SR9C and start killing targets on any given day. And I have shot it enough to know it will run all day long and then some. I spend any extra cash for extra magazines and ammo.
    Sometimes you need just one more gun I don't have a full size, steel, hammer fired pistol. I think I'd like the added weight and DA/SA action. It wouldn't be a carry rotation gun - range and HD. My handgun 'collection' is pretty Ruger-centric. I have a Glock 17 (my first handgun) and everything else is Ruger. I'm comfortable with what I have for CCW as I rotate the SR9c, LC9s and LCP. I also have two Ruger rimfires - an SR22 and a single six revolver. I'm thinking I want to branch out a bit. I did have a Walther .22 but it was awful and I sold it. I've only been into handguns for about 5 years - when it became apparent IL would become the 50th state to allow CC - been a gun owner since I was 12, just long guns until recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads