Sr1911c

Sr1911c

This is a discussion on Sr1911c within the SR Discussion forums, part of the SR category; I haven't had the need to buy a new firearm in a long time (not that I ever needed one) but this one has been ...

Thread: Sr1911c

1. #1 Sr1911c 
    I haven't had the need to buy a new firearm in a long time (not that I ever needed one) but this one has been on my list for a long time. Been thinking it a lot here lately.
    Anyone have one? Any feedback? Go ahead, twist my arm.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

2. #2 Re: Sr1911c 
    Will you carry, or just for shooting? IMO, the full size is the way to go. The grip size is the same as the full 5 inch. Only difference is the about an extra inch in length. That extra length is not that big of a deal for say an IWB holster as the extra length is hidden in the pants. Key factors for IWB carry or OWB for that matter is the grip size and the thickness of the gun. The thickness is the same and grip size is too for the full and commander sized SR 1911. If you don't carry the longer gun (5 inch) will shoot a little more accurate too.

3. #3 Re: Sr1911c 
    Might just go with the full size. Not sure yet. I already have a XDs for concealed carry. Still would carry the SR1911 if get one, compact or full size.

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Sr1911c 
    I say get them all! The more the merrier.

I don't have a commander size, but do have a Springfield Armory full size 5 inch. I can carry it ok, but need a loose cover shirt, coat, sweat shirt, etc. But the grip size is the same as a commander size. I've also carried a 4 inch springfield .45 compact that has shorter grips. It is a double stack 10 +1. Again with a loose shirt.

6. #5 Re: Sr1911c 
    Hi I have a all steel Commander and I love it no problem with it at all in 500 rounds just as accurate as any government size

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

7. #6 Re: Sr1911c 
    Love the SR1911 Commander! It's on my short list, hopefully by the end of the year.

8. #7 Re: Sr1911c 
    I'm after an armscor 1911 style in 22 TCM apx 2000fps. also comes with an extra 9mm barrel. 5 inch barrel 17 round double stack mag. I shot a few 22 tcm mags through one. We were ringing the 10 inch steel @ 50 yards! Really fun! Great trigger and it fit my small hands. My plan is to purchase one and trick it out for IDPA competition in 9mm. Sarco has them on sale for $500 once in a while. I'm too lazy to supply a link. The same magazine works for the 9mm and 22tcm. Us reloaders can make 22tcm from our old 223/556 cases. Woo Hoo! Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads