The Delta Gold Cup

The Delta Gold Cup

This is a discussion on The Delta Gold Cup within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; In the mid 90s, I was looking into getting a 10mm but I felt I couldn't afford the new Delta Elite I was looking at, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DenStinett
  • 1 Post By DenStinett

Thread: The Delta Gold Cup

1. #1 The Delta Gold Cup 
    In the mid 90s, I was looking into getting a 10mm but I felt I couldn't afford the new Delta Elite I was looking at, let alone a Bren Ten !
    So, I bought a Glock 20
    Added a few "AMG"s, took it to the Range and tried it out
    After about 500 Rounds, I came to the realization .... I hated it
    I hated so much, that within a month, I decided to get rid of it, so I took it to the Gunshow to see if I could sell / trade it
    While walking around the old Great Western Gunshow in Pomona, a Dealer asked to look at the Glock
    He asked why I was selling it, and I explained how I didn't care for the Trigger, the Grip Angle and a couple other things
    Guess he liked the upgrades and asked what I was looking for, so I told him I was hoping to find someone with a Delta Elite
    He said he didn't have the Elite .... but did have a New in Box Delta Gold Cup .... and a rear Blued model too !
    The Glock plus $100.00 cash, and I owned the Colt

As usual, I HAD to make a few changes !
    Meprolight, Fully Adjustable Sight Set
    Harrts' Recoil Reduction Guide Rod with a single Wolff Recoil Spring
    Wilson Combat; Extended Ejector, Beavertail Safety, Skeletonized Hammer, Sear, Sear Spring and Oversized Magazine Release
    Gunsite, Low Mount, Thumb Safety
    Colt; M1911-A1 Style Main Spring Housing, Stainless Slide Release and full 1911 Stainless Pin set
    A Hogue Wrap-Around, Finger-Groove Grip (with custom inleteds Delta Medallions), held by Brownell's Stainless Torx Grip Screws
    Also, I added a few extra Colt, 10mm Mags and an UpLULA Magazine Loader, set-up to load the 1911 .22lr Mags
    While I was at it, I put together a Series 80, 9mm Conversion Kit, a Series 80, .22lr ACE Conversion Kit and a few extra Mags for them:
    The Delta Gold Cup-ypmffce.jpg
    The Delta Gold Cup-cf55090.png
    The Delta Gold Cup-hp56onj.png
    The Delta Gold Cup-t06euny.jpg
    The Delta Gold Cup-4qdjrbz.jpg
    Whiskeyshooter and rclark28 like this.
    So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the 8 years before HIM !

2. #2 Re: The Delta Gold Cup 
    Holy crap Batman! You did make some changes but straight up IMHO you did well with the trade. You traded for a "New in the Box Delta Gold Cup Blued"! Not a bad deal. I hope you get to enjoy this package you put together! I think it is amazing.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

3. #3 Re: The Delta Gold Cup 
    Thanks RC
    I know, I always screw-up the Historical value by doing all of my "upgrades", but I don't buy these things to collect, I buy them to shoot (kinda like my "Super SP-101")
    The 10mm is pretty good, not as accurate as the 10mm Witness Longslide (thread to follow)
    The 9mm and .22 Conversions were mainly put together for the fun of it
    And of course .... the COOL Factor !
    Here's an interesting bit of trivia:
    Both the 9mm and the .22 ACE use the same Recoil Spring
    But every Caliber's Slide Stop is unique to itself
    rclark28 likes this.
    So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the 8 years before HIM !

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads