Why No 22/45 Forum?

Why No 22/45 Forum?

This is a discussion on Why No 22/45 Forum? within the Ruger Standard forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; I've noticed that the 22/45 and the Ruger Mark III & IV 22/45 pistols have sorta been left out in the cold on this site. ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 1 Post By Theo98
  • 4 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 1 Post By rclark28
  • 1 Post By Whiskeyshooter
  • 3 Post By SGW Gunsmith

Thread: Why No 22/45 Forum?

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Full Member SGW Gunsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    192
    I've noticed that the 22/45 and the Ruger Mark III & IV 22/45 pistols have sorta been left out in the cold on this site. Lots of folks own and shoot these versions of the Ruger Mark variety and there's several ways that these fine pistols can be utilised for fun or serious .22 rimfire duty.
    Theo98 and rclark28 like this.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2 Re: Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Full Member Theo98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SE, La. USA
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
    I've noticed that the 22/45 and the Ruger Mark III & IV 22/45 pistols have sorta been left out in the cold on this site. Lots of folks own and shoot these versions of the Ruger Mark variety and there's several ways that these fine pistols can be utilised for fun or serious .22 rimfire duty.
    Good Point, Dennis!

    Ended up putting my 22/45 Lite post in the MkIV forum and the 22/45 post in the MkII forum. They do get lost in all the threads and a dedicated 22/45 polymer framed heading would be nice!
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.
    "FREEDOM Is Not FREE"!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3 Re: Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Sr. Member IndigoWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire Seacoast
    Posts
    498
    Considering the forum was originally a dedicated forum for LCP fans the Mark series pistols has been a side note all along. Plenty of Ruger or rimfire forums to go around that are centered around the Mk 22's already. Being a forum junkie and not a "fan boy" (despite being accused of such) of any of them I'm willing to jump in where ever an interesting topic arises.
    John

    Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4 Re: Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Full Member SGW Gunsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
    Good Point, Dennis!

    Ended up putting my 22/45 Lite post in the MkIV forum and the 22/45 post in the MkII forum. They do get lost in all the threads and a dedicated 22/45 polymer framed heading would be nice!
    Your efforts are much appreciated by most, I'll bet, but they should also be easier to locate here. Most likely just an oversight, but if they do want this to be a "Ruger Pistol Forum", a 22/45 forum just might attract a bunch of owners to this site.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 Re: Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Sr. Member rclark28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Ohio U.S.A.
    Posts
    318
    Good idea to append 22/45. Easier for my old eyes to locate. I have a basic Mark III 22/45 Bull Barrel that I just fell in love with. She is no frankenruger and still mostly stock but I love her and take her out often. Since I have decided to forever keep it active I am going to invest in keeping it range ready. Not many upgrades planned but still going to get her a make over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why No 22/45 Forum?-markiii_update.jpg  
    Theo98 likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Full Member SGW Gunsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    Good idea to append 22/45. Easier for my old eyes to locate. I have a basic Mark III 22/45 Bull Barrel that I just fell in love with. She is no frankenruger and still mostly stock but I love her and take her out often. Since I have decided to forever keep it active I am going to invest in keeping it range ready. Not many upgrades planned but still going to get her a make over.
    You're not alone there. Think about visitors to this site, who not only own an LCP, but they may also own a few Ruger Mark pistols along with a couple of the 22/45 variety. How would they know that questions concerning a 22/45 are embedded in one of the other titled forums?
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Jr. Member Whiskeyshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoWolf View Post
    Considering the forum was originally a dedicated forum for LCP fans the Mark series pistols has been a side note all along. Plenty of Ruger or rimfire forums to go around that are centered around the Mk 22's already. Being a forum junkie and not a "fan boy" (despite being accused of such) of any of them I'm willing to jump in where ever an interesting topic arises.
    Yes, this use to be a forum devoted to the LCP. Funny thing is years ago when I use to shoot the LCP's I lobbied and posted many times for Ruger to come out with a LCP to be used for a Trainer. And now they stepped up to the plate and did just that! Bravo to them, my hat is off. I have ordered one.

    But wait! Where is the love? Myself and one other person on this forum seem to be the only two that have INVESTED in one for Small pocket pistol training. And even more crazy is the fact that 380 is going up to sky high Prices and a Severe shortage that is only going to get worse. When the LCP 22.cal was announced I thought surely he would be a block buster. Very little post about them on any forum. And given the fact that so many owners cannot even shoot a 380 worth a darn in the first place, boggles my mind even more.
    So it not a dedicated LCP forum, why not the MK 22.cals?
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 Re: Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Sr. Member rclark28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Ohio U.S.A.
    Posts
    318
    The LCPII22LR is a great trainer and practice tool. Not a bad choice for pocket carry if that is all you have. I know now why for years all my friends pocket carry the LCP in 380. It can be a reliable and safe tool. This is just one of many on the market for pocket carry and I love these little shooters.
    *There have been others here that have chimed in on its issues and or virtues.
    *The LCPII22LR's I have and have seen running have turned out to be reliable. Like most things on the web you seem to get more complaints than positive data.
    *This forum is dedicated to the LCP and with time I would hope that the more people get involved and share their findings on the LCPII22LR. With the cost of ammo for 380 this is a good tool to work with. The price is high and it only comes with one mag but I found this to be a good purchase.
    *Good luck to any that have any one of the Ruger LCP's. I have been forever changed on my opinion of them for the positive.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: Why No 22/45 Forum? 
    Full Member SGW Gunsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    Yes, this use to be a forum devoted to the LCP. Funny thing is years ago when I use to shoot the LCP's I lobbied and posted many times for Ruger to come out with a LCP to be used for a Trainer. And now they stepped up to the plate and did just that! Bravo to them, my hat is off. I have ordered one.

    But wait! Where is the love? Myself and one other person on this forum seem to be the only two that have INVESTED in one for Small pocket pistol training. And even more crazy is the fact that 380 is going up to sky high Prices and a Severe shortage that is only going to get worse. When the LCP 22.cal was announced I thought surely he would be a block buster. Very little post about them on any forum. And given the fact that so many owners cannot even shoot a 380 worth a darn in the first place, boggles my mind even more.
    So it not a dedicated LCP forum, why not the MK 22.cals?
    Where I'm at, here in Northwestern Wisconsin, the population remains very tame as to compared to what's going on 2 hours west of us in Minneapolis. I'm the District 13 County Board Supervisor in Washburn County, serving my third term. One of the committees I'm on involves the Emergency Law Enforcement Planning Committee, where we meet once a month with the Washburn County Sheriff and his Chief Deputy to evaluate what LEO needs they have. Both are dedicated servants for what they do, and my vote is always to get they what they need to do their jobs, and go back home after their day.
    We don't have any "statues" that are causing terrorists to go nuts and want to tear them down, and from my experience and learning, just about every household, farm and business is protected by their owners.
    I was at our local Farm & Fleet store the other day to get some tick repellent granules that I spread around where my wife hangs laundry to get that fresh air aroma that puts us to sleep at night and then all around my shooting bench to prevent hitchhiker ticks getting a free ride on my hide. So, I always stop at the sporting goods area in this store, if only to see what "NEW" brand of .22 rimfire they recently received. The handgun centerfire ammunition shelves are empty, there is no centerfire boxes of rounds from .25 ACP all the way through to .454 Casull ammunition. Our local folks seem to be stocking up so they have rounds on hand, just in case any of the "crazies" from Minneapolis make any wrongful decisions to visit Northwestern Wisconsin and tamper with our laid-back lifestyle. That would be a huge mistake on their part.
    rclark28, Theo98 and IndigoWolf like this.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."
    Reply With Quote  
     

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •