New Family Member! - Page 2

New Family Member!

This is a discussion on New Family Member! within the Ruger Standard forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; From the latest & greatest (MkIV Hunter), now close to the beginning (SN-3560 out of 4 million)...added a Ruger 1950 Red Eagle RST-4 Standard !! ...

Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New Family Member!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Newest Family Member...Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole!! 
    From the latest & greatest (MkIV Hunter), now close to the beginning (SN-3560 out of 4 million)...added a Ruger 1950 Red Eagle RST-4 Standard!!

Attached is my newest acquisition, a Ruger Red Eagle Standard SN-3560 - Estimated Mnf. Date-early February 1950! After my thorough take down inspection and review, have found this Standard is in Great shape...believe it would rate as a NRA "Excellent" status, with 99% perfect bluing and a basically "new" look (inside and out), including an original Red Eagle grip emblem. Rifling is superb and overall, appears to have been fired very little over the past 70 years. However without the Original Box, Owners Manual and Sales Invoice, getting a collection importance and value has been a nightmare!

Have been trying all week to establish it's collect-ability and value. As is, supposedly it is a collectable, but still gathering data from Ruger and long established private groups, like the ROCS (Ruger Owners & Collectors Society) and RCA (Ruger Collectors Association). Unfortunately, seems the 1st nine months of the Standard production (Oct 49' - June 50'), Ruger's accounting day books were very unorganized and not very reliable for consistent and accurate data. The Senior Tech at Ruger has confirmed that my action component findings are all correct original period designs! However, if I had all of the original accessories and paperwork (box-owners manual-sales invoice) that went with it's early 1950 manufacturing date, it possibly could be worth 10X to 20X more value (as per collectors with very large early production Ruger Standard Pistol investments)!!

Oh well, still this will probably be my first safe queen to pass on to my sons!!

Ted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard.jpg   New Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard-6.jpg   New Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard-9.jpg   New Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard-10.jpg   New Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard-18.jpg  

pennsy and rclark28 like this.

2. #12 Re: New Family Member! 
    Looks brand new! I like!!!
    Five thumbs up!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Theo98 likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

3. #13 Ruger Red Eagle "Type" Data ! 
    Thanks MW for the kind comment and support!

Since this thread is dedicated to the historical and collective Start to the Sturm and Ruger Firearm Co. (the Standard), wanted to share some detailed info I was given yesterday on another Ruger Forum. Received a link to a very educational and detailed gun show participant, the Bob Belknap's Ruger Red Eagle Display at the 2004 RCA Show in Tulsa!

I've been reading about the Ruger Collectors "Type" ratings for Red Eagles, but was never able to get my hands on what it was or how it came about. Now, I have much better clarity of the Ruger Standard Collector's language and decided to get-in-writing what I Think I understand into a .jpeg document!

I've attached the data for anyone's use, compliments to the many years of hard work, frustrations and ultimate success I'm confident that Bob (and many other collectors) went through to put this final work on display!! Any errors or juicy details that need correction or addition, please let me know...I'll update the page then re-post!

FWIW, my new Red Eagle edition is a Type 2!

Thanks,

Ted

New Family Member!-ruger-red-eagle-standard-types.jpgNew Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard-11.jpgNew Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard-7.jpgNew Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard-8.jpgNew Family Member!-ruger-1950-red-eagle-standard-19.jpg
    Last edited by Theo98; 02-23-2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Add Attachments
    rclark28 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: New Family Member! 
    Thanks for the information. I really like that Red Eagle! Nothing else to say.
    Last edited by rclark28; 07-04-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    Theo98 likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

6. #15 Re: New Family Member! 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I really that Red Eagle! Nothing else to say.
    Thanks RC!

Now to hunt down an authentic 1950 Box and Owners Manual!?!

Ted

7. #16 Re: New Family Member! 
    So far, no 1950 authentic box or manuals, but did finally make another good find! I've been searching these past 12 months for a "birth-year" Ruger 1953 Standard Black Eagle. I've come across a few, but very poor conditions and excessive asking $$$ drove me away. This "in great overall condition" 1953 4.75" was being offered without the rear dovetail sight, thus believe it kept bidders away. Picked up a rear sight for cheap, then won the Standard bid for under 2 Franklins! It needed a little TLC (touch up bluing areas, deep cleaning, tightening up loose main spring lug fit), but overall the crisp 2.5# pull, easy bolt racking, trouble free feeding and dead accuracy @ 50 yds (w\CCI Mini Mags) means my wait seems to have paid off!

Now when asked my age at the hunting camp, I''ll state, "just as old as she...just check the SN"!!

Ted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Family Member!-ruger-black-eagle-standard-1.jpg   New Family Member!-ruger-black-eagle-standard-2.jpg  
    "FREEDOM Is Not FREE"!

8. #17 Standard Collection Pics 
    New Standard Family Portrait pics!

Ted

LtoR: 1976 Bicentennial RST4 -1953 Black Eagle RST4 - 1950 Type II Red Eagle Ruger Pistol (Rarest of all Red Eagles-only 450 produced)!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Family Member!-ruger-standards-1976-1953-1950-4.jpg   New Family Member!-ruger-standards-1976-1953-1950-3.jpg  
    rclark28 and mukwah like this.
    "FREEDOM Is Not FREE"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads