Lasers

Lasers

This is a discussion on Lasers within the Ruger P-Series Accessories forums, part of the Ruger P-Series Pistols category; While my P94DAOL 9mm is already a factory laser P series gun and the only factory laser Ruger made for the P series, there are ...

Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lasers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Lasers 
    While my P94DAOL 9mm is already a factory laser P series gun and the only factory laser Ruger made for the P series, there are plenty of other choices I am sure. LaserMax comes to mind. Any thoughts.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

2. #2 Re: Lasers 
    ETS
    Over the years, have gradually removed the lasers from all of my concealed carry weapons. Still have LaserMax guide rod laser on my Glock 26, which I don't carry.
    Last edited by ETS; 02-05-2019 at 12:01 PM.
    RICHGCOOP likes this.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

3. #3 Re: Lasers 
    Care to share why you removed the lasers? Weight? Harder to carry? Improved sights?

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Lasers 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by pnwruger View Post
    Care to share why you removed the lasers? Weight? Harder to carry? Improved sights?
    The answer is "yes" on the first two. With much practice, I feel confident in my accuracy from various positions within 30' just point shooting. I do have a combo light/laser on my bedside "bump in the night" weapon.
    Lasers-laserlight1.png
    Last edited by ETS; 02-05-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

6. #5 Re: Lasers 
    Some of the other accessories to think of are the holsters that work best for the P series depending on the area of the body you may carry the gun. I also think emphatically that the correct maintenance of these older semis is imperative. There is a couple of the P guns I have that do not have paperwork with them so I have found that you tube is a great source for instruction for the take down of those guns.

7. #6 Re: Lasers 
    I only have a laser on the P95, got it for a song and a dance ... will i ever buy another laser, probably not ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lasers-ruger-p95.jpg  

... P Series Rule ... Glocks drool ...
    NRA Life Member

8. #7 Re: Lasers 
    Looks like the same one I have on my Security 9. Seems like when you get a laser it just doesn't meet all expectations. Hmmmmmm.........

9. #8 Re: Lasers 
    Looks like the same one I have on my Security 9. Seems like when you get a laser it just doesn't meet all expectations. Hmmmmmm.........
    that's the truth my friend ... the purchase was over thought and it under performed ...

NRA Life Member

10. #9 Re: Lasers 
    I think a lot of that comes from seeing the laser spot and trying our damndest to steady it at one finite point and then shoot and then of course the spot moves when the trigger pressure is applied and we get frustrated and also take longer than normal to squeeze off a round because of all the extra steps. The better sights seem to be the answer because let's face it, how many times have any of us ever shot the very first time ever with a laser involved? I would say close to zero. We learn with sights. Lasers are great for movie scenes but in real life it takes much more practice sometimes to pin that talent down.
    RICHGCOOP likes this.

11. #10 Re: Lasers 
    I think a lot of that comes from seeing the laser spot and trying our damndest to steady it at one finite point and then shoot and then of course the spot moves when the trigger pressure is applied and we get frustrated and also take longer than normal to squeeze off a round because of all the extra steps. The better sights seem to be the answer because let's face it, how many times have any of us ever shot the very first time ever with a laser involved? I would say close to zero. We learn with sights. Lasers are great for movie scenes but in real life it takes much more practice sometimes to pin that talent down.
    that is so true ... learn to dance with who you brought to the dance, with that said most of us were taught with iron sights ...
    ETS likes this.

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads