Another Fantastic Deal - Page 3

Another Fantastic Deal

This is a discussion on Another Fantastic Deal within the Ruger MK IV forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith OK, then you have the 22/45 version? Yes the box was marked 22/45 and the barrel doesn't say target on ...

Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Another Fantastic Deal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Another Fantastic Deal 
    Quote Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
    OK, then you have the 22/45 version?
    Yes the box was marked 22/45 and the barrel doesn't say target on it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. #22 Re: Another Fantastic Deal 
    Hey SGW is this the part you were referring too,if so,do they need replaced,and should I limit the number of times I break it down or switch barrels??

SGW Gunsmith likes this.

3. #23 Re: Another Fantastic Deal 
    Yes, that's it. I've made several of those from a better material with a much better "Durometer" (hardness/softness) reading. The material doesn't get destroyed from use like the more "squishy" rubber material that Ruger has used for that part.
    If "Theo" reads this, he might add some input as to how a beta-test part he's been using has held up thus far. Last I read from him it was doing just fine, but it may have been completely destroyed since that time.
    You shouldn't need to limit the number of times that you open and close the upper to the grip frame, and hopefully the rubber will not crumble any further. I will try to get a few more made and available in my on-line store, so check that out in a week or so.
    If it's OK with you, I'd like to copy your picture for my files.
    stevenstark711 likes this.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: Another Fantastic Deal 
    Quote Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
    Yes, that's it. I've made several of those from a better material with a much better "Durometer" (hardness/softness) reading. The material doesn't get destroyed from use like the more "squishy" rubber material that Ruger has used for that part.
    If "Theo" reads this, he might add some input as to how a beta-test part he's been using has held up thus far. Last I read from him it was doing just fine, but it may have been completely destroyed since that time.
    You shouldn't need to limit the number of times that you open and close the upper to the grip frame, and hopefully the rubber will not crumble any further. I will try to get a few more made and available in my on-line store, so check that out in a week or so.
    If it's OK with you, I'd like to copy your picture for my files.
    Sure no problem and put me in line for one when you get them made up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads