Bolt stop lever

Bolt stop lever

This is a discussion on Bolt stop lever within the Ruger MK IV forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; Do all the mark 4 bolt stop levers travel loosely when pistol broke down in 2 pieces,just seem kinda loose Sent from my SM-G973U using ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 1 Post By stevenstark711
  • 1 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 2 Post By stevenstark711

Thread: Bolt stop lever

1. #1 Bolt stop lever 
    Do all the mark 4 bolt stop levers travel loosely when pistol broke down in 2 pieces,just seem kinda loose

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. #2 Re: Bolt stop lever 
    Most all of those I've had on my bench act the same way. It's due to the head on that tiny little screw that holds the thumb piece in place, sometimes:

I replaced that screw on my Mark IV Competition Target with a screw having a larger head that holds the thumb piece in place much better. The addition of this screw does require that a dimple be placed on the inside face of the left grip panel so the grip fits flush against the grip frame. All that's needed to do is twirl a ¼ inch drill bit into that panel deep enough to allow the grip to fit flush once again.
    stevenstark711 and Theo98 like this.
    "There are many more airplanes at the bottom of the oceans than there are submarines in the sky"

3. #3 Re: Bolt stop lever 
    Quote Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
    Most all of those I've had on my bench act the same way. It's due to the head on that tiny little screw that holds the thumb piece in place, sometimes:

I replaced that screw on my Mark IV Competition Target with a screw having a larger head that holds the thumb piece in place much better. The addition of this screw does require that a dimple be placed on the inside face of the left grip panel so the grip fits flush against the grip frame. All that's needed to do is twirl a ¼ inch drill bit into that panel deep enough to allow the grip to fit flush once again.
    Thank you so much,was hoping you had an answer,its fine when together,just seems a little loose when apart,thought I might have lost a piece when I installed Volquartsen kit,but the tiny spring is still tucked away in there under it,again always appreciate your knowledge and experience

Theo98 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Bolt stop lever 
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenstark711 View Post
    Thank you so much,was hoping you had an answer,its fine when together,just seems a little loose when apart,thought I might have lost a piece when I installed Volquartsen kit,but the tiny spring is still tucked away in there under it,again always appreciate your knowledge and experience

Are you selling them larger screws??

6. #5 Re: Bolt stop lever 

Are u selling these larger screws??

7. #6 Re: Bolt stop lever 
    send me a PM with your mailing address.
    stevenstark711 likes this.
    "There are many more airplanes at the bottom of the oceans than there are submarines in the sky"

8. #7 Re: Bolt stop lever 
    send me a PM with your mailing address.
    Don't know how to PM but sent an email

9. #8 Re: Bolt stop lever 
    A big thank you to Dennis at SGW,got screw changed,releaved a little rubber from my Hogue grip,bolt stop much snugger,sent me larger screw and Allen wrench N/C,again ,thx u sir

Last edited by stevenstark711; 08-06-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    rclark28 and Theo98 like this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads