New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down

New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down

This is a discussion on New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down within the Ruger MK IV forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; If you guys are discussing this...I can't find it. Ruger just released a new MK IV .22 in Target....blued and stainless and a stainless hunter ...

Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    If you guys are discussing this...I can't find it. Ruger just released a new MK IV .22 in Target....blued and stainless and a stainless hunter model. This pistol sports a new ambi safety lever, a return to the MKII slide stop release, a spring assist magazine eject, the loaded chamber indicator has been dropped but most importantly.......the entire grip disassembly contraption is gone. The new pistol has a button located under the bolt pull that when pressed in releases the entire barrel and bolt assembly from the lower frame. The pistol looks great. While the Ruger video doesn't show it....the entire barrel comes off of the lower frame when released. There is a pin across the front of the lower that sits in what is similar to a browning lug. That holds the barrel on the front while a vertical pin ( similar to the existing system) holds the rear of the receiver to the lower. See the second video to see this clearly. MK III mags fit it. M1911

http://ruger.com/products/markIV/overview.html

.22 Plinkster's video
    Last edited by 1917-1911M; 09-24-2016 at 07:34 PM.
    Denny4kids, silverfox1 and 9190 like this.

2. #2 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    Here is a link to the pistol's manual as shown at the official Ruger site. You can read about operation of the pistol and look at an exploded parts diagram on page 33 and vicinity... M1911

https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/...V-Pc4tS28s.pdf
    9190 likes this.

3. #3 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
    Here is a link to the pistol's manual as shown at the official Ruger site. You can read about operation of the pistol and look at an exploded parts diagram on page 33 and vicinity... M1911

https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/...V-Pc4tS28s.pdf
    +1 toytraindoc
    9190 likes this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere.
    μολὼν λαβέ

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    No word on availability yet. Ruger, as typical, kept it secret from dealers. We've had a steady stream of folks wanting to look at one, heard about it from a customer before Ruger even sent out a dealer e-mail announcing it.

Looks nice. I never found the MkIII that difficult to break down, takes a couple times to figure it out though. Some customers never get it, makes me wonder if they can work a bottle opener either.
    Ruger -Charger, LCP, 1911, Single-Six, Mk III, GP-100, Blackhawk 41, Super Blackhawk 44, Super Redhawk 480, SP-101 22
    S&W - Model 60 .357, Model 29 44
    1911 - Ruger SR-1911, Kimber Tactical II, Colt Gold Cup, Rock Island 1911A1, Springfield EMP (9mm), GSG (22lr)
    A few other auto loaders
    Numerous Single Action wheel guns
    Too many long guns to list...
    Retired USAF. Retired Deputy Sheriff.

6. #5 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    The pistols are in some of the shops. A number of people have already purchased one and there are some range reports. They were released on Sept 22 I believe. Not sure how some people got one so quickly. One guy reported that his LGS had just ordered quite a few MK IIIs not knowing anything about the new pistol and wouldn't be getting any of the IV models until inventory went down a bit. Not sure what this will do to MK III value but I just sold my target model about three months ago for what I had paid for it. I expect the slab side and 22/45 will follow shortly.

I never found breaking one down too difficult....putting them back together was the trick...especially the MK III. These look like they can be field stripped, cleaned and put back together while a buddy loads a mag or two with ammo.

The MK series of pistols are heirloom quality in my opinion. Very accurate, very durable and I expect the MK IV will follow in the same footsteps. M1911
    RICHGCOOP and 9190 like this.

7. #6 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    This month Guns & Ammo magazine has it on the cover and write up and shooting results on page 54 i believe

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
    9190 likes this.

8. #7 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    The 22/45's & LITE's are coming soon. video from GunBlast.com visiting the NASGW Show.
    John

Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"

9. #8 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    Finally got a Mk IV in the shop. 2nd customer I showed it to bought it, same day it came in. I pushed the button and it fell to pieces on the counter. He said it's mine before the slide stopped bouncing. Kinda was hoping to buy it myself, who knows when we will get another, none of our suppliers have any in stock.
    Ruger -Charger, LCP, 1911, Single-Six, Mk III, GP-100, Blackhawk 41, Super Blackhawk 44, Super Redhawk 480, SP-101 22
    S&W - Model 60 .357, Model 29 44
    1911 - Ruger SR-1911, Kimber Tactical II, Colt Gold Cup, Rock Island 1911A1, Springfield EMP (9mm), GSG (22lr)
    A few other auto loaders
    Numerous Single Action wheel guns
    Too many long guns to list...
    Retired USAF. Retired Deputy Sheriff.

10. #9 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    Quote Originally Posted by bberg100 View Post
    Finally got a Mk IV in the shop. 2nd customer I showed it to bought it, same day it came in. I pushed the button and it fell to pieces on the counter. He said it's mine before the slide stopped bouncing. Kinda was hoping to buy it myself, who knows when we will get another, none of our suppliers have any in stock.
    BBerg it is not a month later and I see they are pretty much in stock. I am seriously thinking about one for my next gun. Just like the Blackhawk, it is un-american to not have one of the MARKS. They are expensive and I am saving up to get one. What do you think of the Lite in comparison? I may go that route instead.

Actually leaning toward the Smith Victory.
    Last edited by 9190; 12-23-2016 at 06:59 AM.

11. #10 Re: New Ruger MK IV .22 - one button take down 
    Yeah, but will it out shoot a P-22?
    THIS FORUM WAS MUCH BETTER WHEN SKIP MODERATED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads