Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45

Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45

This is a discussion on Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45 within the Ruger MK III forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; Spent a good day at the range with a Ruger Mark III 22/45 and still amazed at the reliability of this rimfire. Very accurate and ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By rclark28
  • 2 Post By jstanfield103
  • 2 Post By LCPor9mm

Thread: Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45

1. #1 Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45 
    Spent a good day at the range with a Ruger Mark III 22/45 and still amazed at the reliability of this rimfire. Very accurate and just a joy to shoot. No issues with any ammo and one the best training firearms I ever came across.
    ETS, mukwah and Theo98 like this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

2. #2 Re: Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45 
    Great to hear. Post a picture of her, a picture is a must to go with the story.
    RICHGCOOP and Bgoff689 like this.

3. #3 Re: Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45 
    Pictures of the gun and target please. Do you shoot from a rest? If so, I would appreciate a picture of the rest also. I’m getting old and shaky and thinking about shooting my mark ll off a rest.
    Bgoff689 and SGW Gunsmith like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45 
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPor9mm View Post
    Pictures of the gun and target please. Do you shoot from a rest? If so, I would appreciate a picture of the rest also. I’m getting old and shaky and thinking about shooting my mark ll off a rest.
    Well, I sure do. When I try out an ammunition in a specific handgun where I haven't used that ammunition previously, I use this contraption to test the rounds so I can see what it will do without any human influence involved. Then, if it performs well at 35 meters, and call it good.

Many moons ago I tested various brands of ammunition for LEO folks who were shooting revolvers and they wanted to know how well the ammunition specified would be accurate at the intended use distance in revolvers like a Smith & Wesson Model 36 Chiefs Special. If it did really well in this set up, then it was up to the actor to do their part when shooting at a target:

Yes, I know, this set up is not an especially affordable solution for all to invest in, but its a starting point that shows what you would like to do. Sandbags on a very sturdy shooting bench/table is a good start. Rest the bottom of the trigger guard into the sandbags until you perceive as little as possible movement and then shoot your rounds until your sights and bore are aligned.

When I hunt with a handgun, and a pending shot on game in eminent, I still try to get the shoulder of my shooting hand up against a tree, or some other solid object. That alone will indeed provide a very steady hold to get sights aligned to where I'll get some meat on the table.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

6. #5 Re: Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45 
    ETS
    Nice...if you are going to do it. Do it right.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

7. #6 Re: Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45 
    Update: Did not shoot off rest and will next time when I try out some different ammo. Going to take a more serious approach to improving groups with some range friends next month. They all have frankenrugers but I will participate with my old Mark III 22/45 anyway to learn more.
    Spent another good day with my Mark III 22/45 after doing double tap drill with my EC9s. Did not have much time after training with 9mm. But the best part of the day was this rimfire. Getting better groups and next time will post targets. The Mark III 22/45 is a keeper for me and will always go to the range with me. Did get a chance to test out x2 new mags I got last week and now have x8 reliable mags.
    100 rnds. CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
    040 rnds. CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
    100 rnds. Blazer 22LR 38gr. 1235fps. LRN
    050 rnds. Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45-markiii_update.jpg  
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

8. #7 Re: Another good day at the range with a Mark III 22/45 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    Update: Did not shoot off rest and will next time when I try out some different ammo. Going to take a more serious approach to improving groups with some range friends next month. They all have frankenrugers but I will participate with my old Mark III 22/45 anyway to learn more.
    Spent another good day with my Mark III 22/45 after doing double tap drill with my EC9s. Did not have much time after training with 9mm. But the best part of the day was this rimfire. Getting better groups and next time will post targets. The Mark III 22/45 is a keeper for me and will always go to the range with me. Did get a chance to test out x2 new mags I got last week and now have x8 reliable mags.
    100 rnds. CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
    040 rnds. CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
    100 rnds. Blazer 22LR 38gr. 1235fps. LRN
    050 rnds. Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
    I'm extremely envious! We're still "bunghole deep" in snow around here, and I can't wait to get out and do some .22 rimfire ammunition testing.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads