MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit

MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit

This is a discussion on MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit within the Ruger MK III forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; I've put the Volquartsen kit into my MKIII, the kit which eliminates the mag lockout. I've not backpedaled yet to re-install the original hardware, but ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SGW Gunsmith

Thread: MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit

1. #1 MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit 
    I've put the Volquartsen kit into my MKIII, the kit which eliminates the mag lockout.

I've not backpedaled yet to re-install the original hardware, but this Volquartsen kit just bewilders me.

I'm a competent mechanical tweaker, and I just don't understand why this is happening?

When I put the V. Kit in that dispenses w/the magazine lockout (and leave all the associated Ruger stuff out), the trigger pivot pin JUST BARELY ENGAGES the opposite hole in the frame. This doesn't seem to me to be a Volquartsen issue.

Even with the left stock on, the frame still does not engage the pin properly on the right side of the weapon. WTW?

Even w/o the stock, having tapped that pin down tight on the head (left) side of the pin, it JUST BARELY engages the opposite hole on the right of the frame.

It works loose quickly even with the stocks on.

It sitting there right and true at the head (left) side, barely engaging the right side of the frame.

Time for a new pin?

This ain't rocket science?

I have never had this much trouble with a weapon of any kind. Going on thirty years' experience

Help Cecil! Help!

2. #2 re: MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit 
    I would watch plenty of YouTube videos and completely re-due and try it again. May have the wrong pin in the wrong place.

3. #3 Re: MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit 
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacd View Post
    I've put the Volquartsen kit into my MKIII, the kit which eliminates the mag lockout.

I've not backpedaled yet to re-install the original hardware, but this Volquartsen kit just bewilders me.

I'm a competent mechanical tweaker, and I just don't understand why this is happening?

When I put the V. Kit in that dispenses w/the magazine lockout (and leave all the associated Ruger stuff out), the trigger pivot pin JUST BARELY ENGAGES the opposite hole in the frame. This doesn't seem to me to be a Volquartsen issue.

Even with the left stock on, the frame still does not engage the pin properly on the right side of the weapon. WTW?

Even w/o the stock, having tapped that pin down tight on the head (left) side of the pin, it JUST BARELY engages the opposite hole on the right of the frame.

It works loose quickly even with the stocks on.

It sitting there right and true at the head (left) side, barely engaging the right side of the frame.

Time for a new pin?

This ain't rocket science?

I have never had this much trouble with a weapon of any kind. Going on thirty years' experience

Help Cecil! Help!
    Your description is a bit confusing. You write that you're having issues with the trigger pivot pin coming up flush against the left side of the receiver? You did order the VC kit for the Ruger Mark III, correct? I'm just trying to figure out where you are at with your reassembly. That kit should have contained a new hammer bushing that replaces the parts involved with the magazine disco, and all your Ruger Mark III pins will indeed work, so the hammer bushing pin should fit flush with the right side of the frame, while the larger, left end of the bushing pin goes through the hole in the bolt stop thumb piece. Is that about where you are at currently?
    If it will help you, I could put up some pictures as to how both pins should be positioned.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit 
    It kind of sounds like your pins might be in backwards so they aren't being held in place by the springs. Or the springs legs are oriented incorrectly so they aren't engaging the pin. ... SGW has some good pictures that will help if you need to have a visual.
    John

Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"

6. #5 Re: MKIII Competition Target Model trigger pivot pin issue, Volquartsen kit 
    Woulda been sorta nice to find out if this fella's issue was fixed, eh?
    IndigoWolf likes this.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads