Drilling & Tapping Ruger Receivers

Drilling & Tapping Ruger Receivers

This is a discussion on Drilling & Tapping Ruger Receivers within the Ruger MK II forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; I used to ask my Dad why he always put seat covers on the new vehicles he bought. Why are you saving these original seats ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SGW Gunsmith

Thread: Drilling & Tapping Ruger Receivers

1. #1 Drilling & Tapping Ruger Receivers 
    I used to ask my Dad why he always put seat covers on the new vehicles he bought. Why are you saving these original seats for the next owner to "pass gas on"? It seems to be the same thinking that some Ruger Mark I & II owners harbor when they can't focus real well on the iron sights any longer.
    Instead of having the receiver drilled & tapped for an optics base, some will purchase one of the "no-drill/tap" optics mounts instead. Obviously, that's a fair choice for the current owner, but who are they saving that pistol for?
    The no-drill/tap bases most often cause the optic to sit much higher on the receiver, so that's something to consider, and contend with.

I've done quite a many Ruger Mark I & II receivers for those of us who need the assistance of a red-dot or magnifying optic so that we can do "target acquisition that much faster". So, drilling and tapping the receiver, when done properly, can be considered an upgrade for that Ruger Mark I, or II:

So, as for me, the heck with the next soul who gets my pistols, I'm gonna shoot all of mine, my way.
    Last edited by SGW Gunsmith; 01-31-2020 at 09:56 AM.
    RICHGCOOP likes this.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads