Ruger Mark II favorites - Page 2

Ruger Mark II favorites

This is a discussion on Ruger Mark II favorites within the Ruger MK II forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; Looks really gud!...

Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Ruger Mark II favorites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    ETS
    Looks really gud!
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

2. #12 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    These, are by far, the MOST accurate Ruger Mark II pistols that I have:

When I test any newly acquired .22 Long Rifle ammunition, I first see what it will do at 35 meters. Why 35 meters? Well, I wasn't paying attention to what setting my 'range finder' was set for, so, instead of yards, my target stand is set-up at that distance.
    About the only way I feel I can remove most all, if not all, of any human input from me, is to use this contraption to test .22 rimfire ammunition from my pistols:

If the ammunition I test at 35 meters proves to look like a load of buckshot hit the target, then, I don't feel any further testing at longer distances is warranted and I don't bother with that brand and style for these Rugers. And BTW, I have found that when one of my Ruger Mark II pistols like a certain .22 rimfire round, the others I have sorta like that one too.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

3. #13 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    ETS
    So, overall, which brand/type is the overall winner?
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    So, overall, which brand/type is the overall winner?

You mean concerning ammunition?
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

6. #15 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
    You mean concerning ammunition?
    .....Yes.......
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free

7. #16 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    My Rugers mostly like CCI Standard & SK Pistol Standard velocity. I try many others from time to time, but for anything serious I usually go with those two.
    Theo98 and ETS like this.

8. #17 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    Ruger Mark II favorites-c1349dc6-9a8e-4224-b2b0-55d184549db8.jpegMy Mark ll and my 10/22 like Wolf match extra, but man that stuff is dirty!
    Theo98 and SGW Gunsmith like this.

9. #18 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    Couple of mine

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Theo98, mukwah, RICHGCOOP and 1 others like this.

10. #19 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    Hi! What are the most powerful bullet rounds you suggest with LR22 hollow point for self defense? Also, is there a way to understand which LR22 bullets will be too strong for my Mark II 6-7/8" barrel? Do not want my Ruger to be ruined. What do you think?

11. #20 Re: Ruger Mark II favorites 
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppscore View Post
    Hi! What are the most powerful bullet rounds you suggest with LR22 hollow point for self defense? Also, is there a way to understand which LR22 bullets will be too strong for my Mark II 6-7/8" barrel? Do not want my Ruger to be ruined. What do you think?
    Over the 50+ years that I've dealt with Ruger Mark pistols, most often, FPS, or velocity involving the normal high velocity .22 Long Rifle ammunition at around, or close, to 1200 FPS, like CCI Mini-Mags, will allow your Ruger Mark pistol to last through, and until your grandkids take over.
    Ruger does admonish to NOT use hyper velocity rounds like the CCI Stingers at (1640 FPS) or even the Velocitor rounds at around 1435 FPS. There just seems to be too much "recoil impulse energy" involved from those hyper velocity rounds. I do have a bolt stop pin that I removed from an owner who admitted to using Stingers almost exclusively in his Ruger Mark II, and the bolt stop pin is slightly bent backward. What's not so apparent is how the bolt stop pin holes in the receiver have been elongated backward from the bolt battering the bolt stop pin. A bolt stop pin can be replaced for around $9.00, a receiver, much, much more. So, you decide as to what type of .22 Long Rifle for your Mark pistol. I prefer the "Stingers" for my Ruger 77/22 bolt action rifle, only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads