Ruger Mark I, II, III & IV Holster Needs

Ruger Mark I, II, III & IV Holster Needs

This is a discussion on Ruger Mark I, II, III & IV Holster Needs within the Ruger MK I forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; I get several request a month asking about which holster the owner can carry his/her Ruger Mark Target pistol in. Seems the front sight, being ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 1 Post By rclark28

Thread: Ruger Mark I, II, III & IV Holster Needs

1. #1 Ruger Mark I, II, III & IV Holster Needs 
    I get several request a month asking about which holster the owner can carry his/her Ruger Mark Target pistol in. Seems the front sight, being shaped the way it is, has a tendency to strip out a swath of leather when the pistol is drawn. My response is usually, NONE, not with that front sight being shaped the way it is. That sharp configuration is going to strip out leather each time it is pulled out for use.
    What I have come up with, and it's much cheaper than buying a new holster, is a modified front sight that will slide up and out of the holster leaving leather where it belongs. Inside the holster:
    Theo98 likes this.
    "There are many more airplanes at the bottom of the oceans than there are submarines in the sky"

2. #2 Re: Ruger Mark I, II, III & IV Holster Needs 
    I agree! Good to modify front site when possible. Went through several holsters. It took me awhile before I figured this out. I just recently found a field holster I liked and have yet to adjust or modify the front site on this Mark III 22/45. This holster is still getting broke in but I love it. So far the leather stays in the holster but time will tell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruger Mark I, II, III & IV Holster Needs-markiii_22_45_holster.jpg  
    Theo98 likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

3. #3 Re: Ruger Mark I, II, III & IV Holster Needs 
    That is a very "dandy" lookin' holster, and yes, I would cherish it also and treat it like I would on a first date with a 19 year old Norwegian girl.
    "There are many more airplanes at the bottom of the oceans than there are submarines in the sky"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads