Hey Theo!

Hey Theo!

This is a discussion on Hey Theo! within the Ruger MK I forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; I was told there is someone on RFC looking for a safety for the Ruger Mark I pistols. I have a couple of those. Dennis...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 2 Post By Babbalou1956
  • 1 Post By Theo98
  • 1 Post By IndigoWolf

Thread: Hey Theo!

1. #1 Hey Theo! 
    I was told there is someone on RFC looking for a safety for the Ruger Mark I pistols. I have a couple of those.

Dennis
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

2. #2 Re: Hey Theo! 
    Quote Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
    I was told there is someone on RFC looking for a safety for the Ruger Mark I pistols. I have a couple of those.

Dennis
    Hi Dennis,

Nope, not me...not looking for a safety (not sure who). However, I am actively searching for a 1950 Ruger Red Eagle Standard "Original Box" and "Original Owners Manual"! Why, we'll SEE HERE, or HERE on the RPF!!

Any further development to your MkIV FLP (front lug plug)??

Ted

3. #3 Re: Hey Theo! 
    I know it wasn't you looking for the Mark I safety, it was some one else. Was just wondering if you could contact that person via email and let them know I have those. There are a couple others on RFC that let me know what's going on over there and some of the stuff being posted.
    Theo98 likes this.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Hey Theo! 
    SGW - Aren’t you a member on RFC?

6. #5 Re: Hey Theo! 
    Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    SGW - Aren’t you a member on RFC?

Used to be, but not any longer. When they went full blown commercial a few years back, they lost all their credibility in trying to post "accurate and safe procedures". Now, it seems anything goes, and any challenges to procedures are met with an angry administrator. She even titles herself as "The Evil Woman". Good place to avoid!

7. #6 Re: Hey Theo! 
    Years ago I was a member of RFC. The least friendly forum I've ever joined. 3 or 4 jerks ran the show & took turns insulting members so I left. Not worth my time. No other forum has given me that experience.
    Theo98 and SGW Gunsmith like this.
    Ruger LCP .22
    (2) Ruger LCR 38
    Ruger 22/45 Mk 3
    SIG P290RS
    SIG P250 45
    SIG P250 SC 9mm
    (2) Beretta Pico 380
    Taurus 66 .357
    Taurus TX22

8. #7 Re: Hey Theo! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbalou1956 View Post
    Years ago I was a member of RFC. The least friendly forum I've ever joined. 3 or 4 jerks ran the show & took turns insulting members so I left. Not worth my time. No other forum has given me that experience.
    BBL,

Both my Best half and I fit your avatar...Love It!!!

I try to be helpful, especially with new owners at RFC (in semi-auto pistols). IME, seems the vast majority behave and offer good advice...although rare, any "conflicts" or "jerks" I just ignore.

With his knowledge and experience, it would be great if SGW were still there...but then, enjoy his assistance here!!

Ted
    Babbalou1956 likes this.
    "FREEDOM Is Not FREE"!

9. #8 Re: Hey Theo! 
    I'm still a member there... Rarely check out anything more than the Mklll 22/45 section since rediscovering my passion with the S&W 422, 2206, & 2214, series. I backed out of there when there were too many agitators. I still have my MKlll LITE That I tricked out and polished the internals with amazing results but the smiths have my heart and my attention has turned back to them.
    Babbalou1956 likes this.
    John

Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"

10. #9 Re: Hey Theo! 
    Spirited discussion concerning any subject can really be a GOOD thing if it's done in a civil manner. No name calling involved or questions asking if your parents are first cousins. When a discussion concerning some firearms subject allows for a "pro and con" challenge, both sides of the discussion involved just might learn something.
    When I read a post over on RFC, the expectation is that the poster should be believed, accepted, and not asked any questions that might injure their feelings or intent, like asking to see pictures, targets or copies of chronograph readouts for proof of what they've posted. Some of those "tender toe" members will cry out that they're being "attacked", and it's not fair to question what they posted.
    RFC has a disclaimer they adhere to that THEY are not responsible for what members post, so if anything posted is erroneous, they are not responsible for it. Yet, anyone who mentions that a specific post could be injurious to the firearms owner, or the firearm, that member is the "bad guy" that gets 1 of 6 points that will eventually get them banned.
    At RFC moderators and administrators do not receive recompense for what they do, it's all a gratis situation. A certain "few" revel in the authority that it provides to stretch the rules to their satisfaction, which the allowance of, only involves the absense and ignorance of those who actually own the site and don't want to get involved with any controversy, and only count the profits they accrue.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads