Gap between Adapter and baseplate of 17R magazine on the Compact model

Gap between Adapter and baseplate of 17R magazine on the Compact model

This is a discussion on Gap between Adapter and baseplate of 17R magazine on the Compact model within the Ruger American Technical forums, part of the Ruger American Pistol category; Anyone other than me bothered with the "gap" between the bottom of the Adapter and the floor plate of the 17R Mag in the Compact ...

Thread: Gap between Adapter and baseplate of 17R magazine on the Compact model

1. #1 Gap between Adapter and baseplate of 17R magazine on the Compact model 
    New User
    Anyone other than me bothered with the "gap" between the bottom of the Adapter and the floor plate of the 17R Mag in the Compact version?
    Most responses I get are "it's normal, accept it" or "live with it". I've even written to the CEO at Ruger a week ago along with pictures but no response yet. For those like me who are bothered with this "gap" and don't want to "live with it", I have a resolution. Not a great one, but it works. The magazine engages and drops out normally and still leaves enough of a "microgap" to satisfy those who say "the gap is part of the design. If it wasn't needed, Ruger wouldn't have designed it that way". Besides, the 17R magazine adapter wiggled a wee bit in my hand with the 17R magazine engaged. And this fixed both issues for me.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Poppifett; 02-07-2018 at 05:38 AM. Reason: clarification: the magazine didn't wiggle, the adapter did.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads