RAP recalls

RAP recalls

This is a discussion on RAP recalls within the Ruger American Discussion forums, part of the Ruger American Pistol category; Did everyone's RAP pistol barrel recall go ok? Or did some run in to new problems? Mine went a-o-k with no new problems....

Thread: RAP recalls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 RAP recalls 
    Did everyone's RAP pistol barrel recall go ok? Or did some run in to new problems? Mine went a-o-k with no new problems.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

2. #2 re: RAP recalls 
    Just sent mine in on Monday and was received at ruger on Wednesday, will let you know when received back.

3. #3 re: RAP recalls 
    It will be a quick turn around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 re: RAP recalls 
    What recall? Caliber? Issue?

... P Series Rule ... Glocks drool ...
    NRA Life Member

6. #5 re: RAP recalls 
    This:

Ruger has discovered that some Ruger American® Pistols chambered in 9mm may exhibit premature wear of the locking surfaces between the slide and barrel which, if ignored, can result in a crack developing near the ejection port of the slide. This typically does not occur at round counts below 10,000 rounds. The condition is easily identified during routine maintenance and cleaning, and the crack should be visible long before the pistol becomes unsafe to shoot. Ruger is committed to safety and is asking owners of Ruger American® Pistols chambered in 9mm to inspect their pistols for excessive wear or cracks and, if necessary, sign up for this retrofit.

7. #6 re: RAP recalls 
    Quote Originally Posted by pnwruger View Post
    This:

Ruger has discovered that some Ruger American® Pistols chambered in 9mm may exhibit premature wear of the locking surfaces between the slide and barrel which, if ignored, can result in a crack developing near the ejection port of the slide. This typically does not occur at round counts below 10,000 rounds. The condition is easily identified during routine maintenance and cleaning, and the crack should be visible long before the pistol becomes unsafe to shoot. Ruger is committed to safety and is asking owners of Ruger American® Pistols chambered in 9mm to inspect their pistols for excessive wear or cracks and, if necessary, sign up for this retrofit.
    What is the retro fit? I bought a RAP in 9mm for my father roughly a year ago, he maybe has a couple hundred rounds down the pipe. Is it wise to have the retro fit done even though his is no where near the 10000 round number?

... P Series Rule ... Glocks drool ...
    NRA Life Member

8. #7 re: RAP recalls 
    There is a procedure online at Ruger.com with instructions at Ruger.com-> American® Pistols chambered in 9mm with serial number prefixes "860" and "862" are subject to this Safety Bulletin. These include duty (full-sized) and compact models, in both Manual Safety and Pro (no manual safety) configurations. One easy way to tell if your pistol is subject to this Safety Bulletin is by looking at the barrel. If your 9mm Ruger American® Pistol is equipped with a silver-colored, stainless steel barrel. Follow instructions as needed. I have several friends that had no issues with theirs and one sent his in anyway and they corrected the issue with a quick turn around. I have yet to see any issues first hand and anyone I talked to stated it was corrected and handled by Ruger Customer Service with no issues. I believe they retrofitted a new Ruger manufactured black, nitrided stainless steel barrel.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

9. #8 re: RAP recalls 
    Quote Originally Posted by rmichael63 View Post
    What is the retro fit? I bought a RAP in 9mm for my father roughly a year ago, he maybe has a couple hundred rounds down the pipe. Is it wise to have the retro fit done even though his is no where near the 10000 round number?
    Like rclark28 said. Call Ruger CS and give them the serial number and they will send a package with all instructions and to ship the barrel back. Follow the instructions to the letter and it walks you thru how to disassemble and send back what they want and a quick turnaround will happen. Basically, again like rclark28 said, if it has the stainless looking barrel it is most likely involved in the recall. I did it and shot it with no concerns or affect on the accuracy.

10. #9 re: RAP recalls 
    Ok just received my slide ,barrel guide rod and new extractor back from ruger...... See not out on Monday 15th and returned saturday 20th, now that is the best customer service I have ever seen...

Thank you ruger

11. #10 re: RAP recalls 
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince-m View Post
    Ok just received my slide ,barrel guide rod and new extractor back from ruger...... See not out on Monday 15th and returned saturday 20th, now that is the best customer service I have ever seen...

Thank you ruger
    You stick with Ruger and that is the norm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads