LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo

LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo

This is a discussion on LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo within the Range Card forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Shot another box of Winchester Super-X Hyper Speed (40gr) today after very lightly polishing the feed ramp and smoothing the rough edges of the magazine ...

Like Tree2Likes

Thread: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    Shot another box of Winchester Super-X Hyper Speed (40gr) today after very lightly polishing the feed ramp and smoothing the rough edges of the magazine lips. Like Aguila Interceptor (40gr), which did not have any misfire or malfunction when I test-fired it last week, there was misfire and absolutely no malfunction of any kind with all 100 rounds! (See the phot below.)
    LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo-f78574a0-a758-4d86-a20f-e4d4cd928711.jpeg
    Bullet hols are all over the targets. But they were shot at 7 yards, mostly one-handed strong hand only to test the reliability of the gun+ammo combinations.

I think my LCP-II 22LR is now properly “broken in” and can work as reliable as it can be with hyper velocity ammo with heavier 40gr bullets. I will continue to test Winchester Super-X Hyper Speed (40gr) and Aguila Interceptor (40gr) some more to see which ammo has fewer “dud rounds.” But I begin to think that I may be able to consider Aguila Interceptor (or possibly Winchester Super-X Hyper Speed) for my “very last ditch self-defense application” in the worst case scenario where all conventional self-defense worthy caliber ammo becomes too difficult to obtain or completely unavailable while looting, vandalism, gang violence, violence against the police and other forms of lawlessness continue to rise....

2. #2 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    It is good to read that you are having a good experience with the pistol. I have n LCP LII, and I have been considering the purchase of The Lite Rack 22. I have hesitated because elf the FTE and FTF reports. I realize that those reports only reflect a small percentage of the guns sold, but I am still a bit hesitant. Such failures are often operator error in cleaning, lobbing, and/or handling the pistol, but sometimes the guns are defective. I am going to review this forum for more accounts. I am new here, and just getting into the content here. And yes, I think polishing feed rams is a good thing to do. I ave don it on every semi I ever owned. I can say that I never had a FTF with any of those guns.
    SmokyT likes this.

3. #3 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    I have both the LCR22 Revolver and the New LCP ll 22.cal Pistol. I much prefer the LCR. In fact it is my favorite trainer and Plinker. No magazines to buy and almost to the point of being Perfect in reliability. It is very rare to ever have a failure and I have been shooting this gun for years. And NO worry about what kind of ammo, it shoots every thing. Build quality is much better. And it has a beautiful True DAO trigger. More condusive to the higher end 380's that are out there. And much safer to carry compared to the LCP ll which I would not carry at all.

Pictured with Kahr P380 and LCR9mm

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    Quote Originally Posted by allenr View Post
    It is good to read that you are having a good experience with the pistol. I have n LCP LII, and I have been considering the purchase of The Lite Rack 22. I have hesitated because elf the FTE and FTF reports. I realize that those reports only reflect a small percentage of the guns sold, but I am still a bit hesitant. Such failures are often operator error in cleaning, lobbing, and/or handling the pistol, but sometimes the guns are defective. I am going to review this forum for more accounts. I am new here, and just getting into the content here. And yes, I think polishing feed rams is a good thing to do. I ave don it on every semi I ever owned. I can say that I never had a FTF with any of those guns.
    After test-firing the following 9 type of 22LR ammo, I am certain that my LCP-II 22LR is fine and very reliable. But it works much better with some ammo (e.g., Aguila Interceptor 40gr; Winchester Super-X Hyper Speed 40gr; Federal 325 Value Pack 36gr) than other ammo (e.g., CCI Segmented; CCI Velocitor; Winchester 525 Value Pack 36gr).

Once you find the ammo that works well with your particular LCP-II 22LR, you enjoy virtually trouble free operation so long as the ammo ignites.

Hyper Velocity Ammo
    *Aguila Interceptor (40gr)

*CCI Segmented (32gr)
    *CCI Stinger (32gr)
*CCI Velocitor (32gr)
    *Winchester Super-X Hyper Speed (40gr)

High Velocity Ammo
    *CCI Mini-MAG (36gr and 40gr)
    *Federal 325 Value Pack (36gr)
    *Winchester 525 Value Pack (36gr)
    *Winchester Super-X Power Point (40gr)

6. #5 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    22.rimfire shotage's have escalated rapidly in the past month alone. I am fortunate as I started stock pilling years ago. However someone that is going to be using a small pistol or any pistol for training needs to consider a few things. I will be hitting the small barrels hard to keep up my skills which are perishable. Most especially fast point and shoot. So if you are going to choose a trainer and you have to have one that only shoots a specific ammo, then you may be setting yourself up for failure.

Example. If you gun only shoots CCI mini Mags then good luck finding some in stock. I have been adding to my personal stash weekly. I take what I can get. Usually buying a brick or two of various mixed ammo which my LCR will eat any of it. I will be able to shoot anytime. And here is the thing. If you are training properly as in a regular schedule you will be shooting a lot of ammo. Think about it.

7. #6 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    22.rimfire shotage's have escalated rapidly in the past month alone. I am fortunate as I started stock pilling years ago. However someone that is going to be using a small pistol or any pistol for training needs to consider a few things. I will be hitting the small barrels hard to keep up my skills which are perishable. Most especially fast point and shoot. So if you are going to choose a trainer and you have to have one that only shoots a specific ammo, then you may be setting yourself up for failure.

Example. If you gun only shoots CCI mini Mags then good luck finding some in stock. I have been adding to my personal stash weekly. I take what I can get. Usually buying a brick or two of various mixed ammo which my LCR will eat any of it. I will be able to shoot anytime. And here is the thing. If you are training properly as in a regular schedule you will be shooting a lot of ammo. Think about it.
    Good point! Yes, defensive shooting is a perishable skill. So I recommend you to receive proper training from qualified instructors, and perhaps update your CCWs to something a bit more effective that what you have pictured there. Rent some of the new compact and sub-compact semi-autos from Glock, Sig, Springfield, S&W and even Taurus, and see which gun fits your bill.

I still have a soft spot for revolvers and still own a couple for old time sake. But by the beginning of the 90s I finally made my complete transition from 6 shooters to the Wonder 9 semi-pistols for my CCW, and I am glad that I did and have had all of my defensive shooting trainings with my semi-auto CCWs ever since!) When you receive proper training, be sure to take the actual weapon you carry and your actual concealment holster to those courses with enough range time, so that you will know that drawing your actual CCW from your actual concealment holster and shoot the target while moving under stress is different than static “target practice.” It is also very important to keep practicing on the range what you have learned in those courses, and don’t forget to shoot your actual carry ammo once in a while.
    Be safe and have fun shooting (while we till can)!

8. #7 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyT View Post
    Good point! Yes, defensive shooting is a perishable skill. So I recommend you to receive proper training from qualified instructors, and perhaps update your CCWs to something a bit more effective that what you have pictured there. Rent some of the new compact and sub-compact semi-autos from Glock, Sig, Springfield, S&W and even Taurus, and see which gun fits your bill.

I still have a soft spot for revolvers and still own a couple for old time sake. But by the beginning of the 90s I finally made my complete transition from 6 shooters to the Wonder 9 semi-pistols for my CCW, and I am glad that I did and have had all of my defensive shooting trainings with my semi-auto CCWs ever since!) When you receive proper training, be sure to take the actual weapon you carry and your actual concealment holster to those courses with enough range time, so that you will know that drawing your actual CCW from your actual concealment holster and shoot the target while moving under stress is different than static “target practice.” It is also very important to keep practicing on the range what you have learned in those courses, and don’t forget to shoot your actual carry ammo once in a while.
    Be safe and have fun shooting (while we till can)!

Lol, Update my CCW's? I got a kick out of that one. We are talking about small barrel 22.cal trainers. Presently I have 7 semi auto 380's, 6 Micro 9mm's alone. I would have to go back and count all my sub compacts, compacts and full size. However I get your point. That said, I believe someone that shoots a Snubbie with total compentence can do well with just about any gun and snubbies are so much fun.
    I carry a snubbie many times without any problem at all. That said, in the past two years I put 13,000 rds through one Beretta Nano alone. Wanted to keep it going but the Shortage cut me off.

Yes, even with the shortage you need to supplement with other guns, but for some that is going to be hard to do.
    Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 07-22-2020 at 02:18 PM.

9. #8 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    *Small .22cal trainers.
    I agree for some it is going to be hard keeping supplied for training ammo. There is a shortage and for those not stocked up it will be costly. If you do not have good trainer that will shoot all ammo like the Phoenix, LCR, LCRx and others get one. We just went over 1,200 rounds with the LCPII22LR and just started to try the cheap stuff. Up and till now I have had no issues with MiniMags, Blazer, Fed, Aquila and Golden Bullets.(no hyper velocity/emergency only). My SR22 still shoots anything. The jury is still out for me on the LCPII22LR but like I said not one issue so far. If you have a picky trainer find one that works for you in these times of ammo shortages.
    *If you come into a Phoenix or a LCR/LCRx in .22LR get one for training.
    *I have seen many empty shelves for ammo this week. I have a good supply of all types but will start to conserve what I shoot at the range until things get back on track.
    *I just started 2 or 3 years ago shooting these smaller hand guns and love all of them. .9mm, .357, 38spc and .22cal for trainers.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

10. #9 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    Lol, Update my CCW's? I got a kick out of that one. We are talking about small barrel 22.cal trainers. Presently I have 7 semi auto 380's, 6 Micro 9mm's alone. I would have to go back and count all my sub compacts, compacts and full size. However I get your point. That said, I believe someone that shoots a Snubbie with total compentence can do well with just about any gun and snubbies are so much fun.
    I carry a snubbie many times without any problem at all. That said, in the past two years I put 13,000 rds through one Beretta Nano alone. Wanted to keep it going but the Shortage cut me off.

Yes, even with the shortage you need to supplement with other guns, but for some that is going to be hard to do.
    Whiskeyshooter, I have taken your advice for awhile now and really started to love these smaller shooters. I tried to get a Nano before the shortages and now can not find one anywhere. I love my S&W 642 in .38 and will add a LCR in .9mm. All my rimfires are shooting and cycling great for now for training. My Ruger 9E, SR9, LC9s and EC9s have limited range time to conserve rounds. Glad I have stock to conserve.
    *I have a chance to get a new LCR in .9mm so what do you think about felt recoil in this one for training? What do think about the SP101 in .9mm compared to the LCR? Both are available...rick
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

11. #10 Re: LCP-II 22LR and Hyper Velocity Ammo 
    I'm glad you have had good luck with the Winchester Super X Hyper Velocity.
    I've got some now that about every 10th round or so is way under powered, you can hear the difference even with hearing protection. And, in the same 100 round box I've had 4 squibs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads