LCPII 22LR First ammo test.

LCPII 22LR First ammo test.

This is a discussion on LCPII 22LR First ammo test. within the Range Card forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; 22LR test ammo for LCPII 22LR. Short visit but went well for first test. This LCPII 22LR did well for me after a quick clean ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rclark28

Thread: LCPII 22LR First ammo test.

1. #1 LCPII 22LR First ammo test. 
    22LR test ammo for LCPII 22LR. Short visit but went well for first test. This LCPII 22LR did well for me after a quick clean and some CLP. Testing to continue.
    First range test went without issue. Just around 230 rounds total. Informal target setup for test. All x3 mags worked from Ruger. Easy to load. Good shooter.
    *First safety check with 40 rounds of CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235 at 7ft, 10ft, 15ft and 25ft was good enough for my old hands. After that only had time to get up to 230 rounds and all ammo cycled with no issues. The firearm cycled and was void of any issues I keep hearing about on the web. Easy to rack. I look forward to getting more time at the range. This is just my experience and I am aware of the critique of others. This is just my findings on day one.
    Ammo used today.
    CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
    CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
    Blazer 22LR 40gr LRN 1255fps
    Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
    Federal 22LR 36gr 1260fps CPHP
    Your results may vary.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LCPII 22LR First ammo test.-a_lcpii22lr_first.jpg  
    wsitgm and rmichael63 like this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

2. #2 Re: LCPII 22LR First ammo test. 
    Easy take down for cleaning again after the range. For only 230 rounds on first day it was not dirty and showed no issues. Same with new mags easy to clean and even without the mag tool provided by Ruger easy to load. Much better on the fingers with the mag tool because of the sharp lip points. Plan on putting more ammo this week before our training session and will continue to use Mini-Mags for now than go back to testing other rimfire ammo just for fun. Happy with the purchase and will be happy to see how the wife likes when she can get to the range.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

3. #3 Re: LCPII 22LR First ammo test. 
    How's the grip size feel? The previous versions of the LCP are just a tad to small for my hands.

... P Series Rule ... Glocks drool ...
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: LCPII 22LR First ammo test. 
    Quote Originally Posted by rmichael63 View Post
    How's the grip size feel? The previous versions of the LCP are just a tad to small for my hands.
    The gun is small overall and the grip is very small as you stated. Very small compared to the SR22. I have medium size hands that are aged with some joint pain. I found the grip satisfactory out of the box but put on a Hogue Beavertail Grip. The grip for me was important and good grip control is everything with these smaller firearms as you know. Not one issue with ammo at all with first trip. Time will tell. I have a few more range trips planned with some Mini-Mags and than my wife will start using the LCPII 22LR a the range. I like it and will keep it even if she does not take to it. I am now looking at a SA revolver and will move on to that project when I turn this over for a practice tool.
    rmichael63-> You take care and have a great day!
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LCPII 22LR First ammo test.-a_lcpii22lr_w_grip.jpg   LCPII 22LR First ammo test.-a_lcpii22lr_w_sr22.jpg  
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

6. #5 Re: LCPII 22LR First ammo test. 
    LCPII22LR Range test #2.
    Second trip to range after training with center fire. Did not have much time but here it is. Will attempt to schedule just a rim fire session soon.
    *Test with CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235. 10 rounds each. Photo.
    7ft. offhand, 10ft. offhand and 25ft. using sand bag. Informal target setup.
    *Finished off session with the following. Target plinking and double tap with x1 emptied mag.
    30rounds, CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235(additional rounds)
    30rounds, CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
    30rounds, Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
    60rounds, Federal 22LR 36gr 1260fps CPHP
    Had no issues to report on this trip as well. Not one.
    *Slide serrations & pronounced cocking ears allow easy slide manipulation. Trigger is a smooth pull with a good reset for me. Safety is crisp and push forward to fire is easy to train with. Fixed front and rear sights need a touch of white paint on the front for my eyes. Magazines are easy to load but the loader saves the fingers. Grip is small and the Hogue Beavertail Grip helps with control.
    *Done reporting on this one and will turn this over to wife for her test and range time. I feel confident with this LCPII22LR and hopefully it continues to perform for her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LCPII 22LR First ammo test.-a_lcpii22lr_second.jpg  
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

7. #6 Re: LCPII 22LR First ammo test. 
    Thanks for the great review. Thinking about getting one, but will wait until the prices come down and I can try out the trigger.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads