Shot timers

Shot timers

This is a discussion on Shot timers within the Range Card forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I'm teetering on the edge of getting a PACT shot timer. Problem is, I don't know all that much about these gizmos, other than they ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 1 Post By Denny4kids

Thread: Shot timers

1. #1 Shot timers 
    I'm teetering on the edge of getting a PACT shot timer. Problem is, I don't know all that much about these gizmos, other than they can help with speeding up ones draw and shoot times. I do have "speed steel" plates set up on my range out back, so I'm hoping that this timer will help. Does anybody here use one of those? Which timer you have, and how do YOU like it? :

RICHGCOOP likes this.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

2. #2 re: Shot timers 
    I have a PACT timer and like it a lot. I use it for competition practice. It will be perfect for your plates. It will show splits so you can see how long it took to draw and shoot and times for all other shots. One target may take longer to aim and shoot so you can practice that one. You can also set it up for a par time of your choosing. For example draw and hit a target before the par buzzer goes off. I like the PACT timer, it's larger than some but I can read the display and the buttons are large and easy to find. It also is dependable, we have used it to time a squad of 8 shooters in a 7 stage IDPA match many times without a problem. Denny
    ETS likes this.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads