Me and my Fenix TK16 in action one dark rainy night

Me and my Fenix TK16 in action one dark rainy night

This is a discussion on Me and my Fenix TK16 in action one dark rainy night within the The Light forums, part of the Light & Blade category; Here is an old video of me at a IDPA night match. This is the last of 8 stages. I was tired, legs head and ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Denny4kids
  • 2 Post By GunnyBlue
  • 1 Post By rclark28

Thread: Me and my Fenix TK16 in action one dark rainy night

1. #1 Me and my Fenix TK16 in action one dark rainy night 
    Here is an old video of me at a IDPA night match. This is the last of 8 stages. I was tired, legs head and hands wet but not cold, and sitting in the range Chevy Suburban wearing a heavy raincoat. I wasted time trying to pickup my reload mag that I dropped (wet hands), I should have just grabbed another mag off my belt. It wasn't easy behind a steering wheel wearing a jacket! Weapon was my XDm 5.25 9mm Light is 1000 lumen
    Rules say no weapon mounted lights. For all the stages I held the light beside my head by my ear. This worked great. Some shooters fumbled trying to shoot two handed but they couldn't see the sights. I could see my sights and target but had to shoot strong hand only. All my hits were in the kill zone but I was slow and dropped my reload. What a Fun time!!! Denny

GunnyBlue and rclark28 like this.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

2. #2 Re: Me and my Fenix TK16 in action one dark rainy night 
    Still a nice job, Denny!
    Denny4kids and rclark28 like this.

3. #3 Re: Me and my Fenix TK16 in action one dark rainy night 
    Looks like a great way to train and practice. Very nice video to keep a history of your progress. Good job with target acquisition with a heavy coat, cramped quarters and darkness. So you did not have to pick up the mag?!!! Interesting.
    Denny4kids likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Me and my Fenix TK16 in action one dark rainy night 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    Looks like a great way to train and practice. Very nice video to keep a history of your progress. Good job with target acquisition with a heavy coat, cramped quarters and darkness. So you did not have to pick up the mag?!!! Interesting.
    IDPA is a great way to train/practice. Sometimes street cops compete with us wearing their duty kit. IDPA rules say we can't drop any mag with rounds in it. I believe the range officer misunderstood me. They have that rule so shooters won't top off their ammo and game the stage. I couldn't even reach the floor where my mag was dropped. This stage required 12 hits and we start with 11 rounds. I really only had to shoot one round after my reload but it was actually a hard shot around he "A" pillar so I gave it a double tap to be sure of a hit. Maybe I'll run the camera more and show some daylight fun. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads