Handled a 9mm LCR today.... - Page 2

Handled a 9mm LCR today....

This is a discussion on Handled a 9mm LCR today.... within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; The Yankee Marshall has a vid about crimp jump...

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Handled a 9mm LCR today....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Handled a 9mm LCR today.... 
    The Yankee Marshall has a vid about crimp jump

GunnyBlue and Whiskeyshooter like this.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

New User
    Just a matter of picking the right Ammo. Great revolver. I use Underwood 124g +p, bonded jpg I think they call it. It’s the GDHP. Minimal crimp jump. Great performance at the speed it gets up to out of the snub.

3. #13 Re: Handled a 9mm LCR today.... 
    I’ve been interested in the LCR in .38 for awhile but reports of trigger short stroking have concerned me. A revolver carried for self defense must be able to cylinder dump w/o a malfunction. For those who own the LCR can you tell me if my concerns are off-base? Prior to my LCP I carried/shot a Smith J frame for almost 50 years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Handled a 9mm LCR today.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cop View Post
    I’ve been interested in the LCR in .38 for awhile but reports of trigger short stroking have concerned me. A revolver carried for self defense must be able to cylinder dump w/o a malfunction. For those who own the LCR can you tell me if my concerns are off-base? Prior to my LCP I carried/shot a Smith J frame for almost 50 years.
    Carry and shoot both the 642, Ruger LCR9mm and LCR22. Never once short stroked the trigger. My favorite Plinker and Trainer is the LCR22. Shoot the snot out of it and have for a long time. I see no reason why you will short stroke the trigger with you experience. Now if you are one those that fell into all the internet propaganda advocating Pistols with Light Crisp triggers and glass Walls and super duper short resets, then you will most likey short Stroke any DA.

Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 06-17-2020 at 10:18 AM.

6. #15 Re: Handled a 9mm LCR today.... 
    Hickcock45 said when shooting a Snubbie and talking about his enjoyment of them this "Their is just something about them". I could not agree more. I just love shooting the Snubbie. And they are so easy to carry, so simple to load, unload and no mess with magazines

Here are two great sites to look at. The video of the Godfather Paul Harrell shooting one and talking about the LCR9mm and a good demo on how well they shoot etc.

The other is the very well done (as Usual) reviewer Pocket guns and Gear Bruce. (Wish he was still doing reviews)

Pocket Guns and Gear: Search results for lcr 9mm

NOTE* I bought the Ruger LCR9mm when they first came out and have been shooting it on a regular basis for years. Crimp jump is one of the most over the top BS on the internet. Simply a matter of not using cheap ammo and selecting the correct ammo for the gun. Crimp jump can happen to any revolver not just 9mm. But it is so seldom. I have NOT had a crimp jump in YEARS. When I shoot the 9mm, I do NOT even think about it before or after. I just do not get them. It is a NON issue for me.

Here is a ballistic comparison of the LCR9mm to some Micro 9mm

Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 06-21-2020 at 06:55 AM.

7. #16 Re: Handled a 9mm LCR today.... 
    The video of the Godfather Paul Harrell shooting one and talking about the LCR9mm is a good one. THANKS for the video link! I love this one...
    NO one can judge what is right for you except you!
    I still love my S&W642 38spc., enjoy our LCRx22LR and want a .9mm in LCR and or a SP101
    LCR=Light Weight Compact Revolver?!
    SP101=? Anyone...
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads