Trigger problems

Trigger problems

This is a discussion on Trigger problems within the LCP Technical forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Hello all. I just purchased a new LCP II in .22 caliber and after admiring the lite rack slide I decided to dry fire the ...

Thread: Trigger problems

1. #1 Trigger problems 
    Hello all. I just purchased a new LCP II in .22 caliber and after admiring the lite rack slide I decided to dry fire the pistol to check the trigger pull. To my surprise the trigger would pull the way back to the stop and then nothing would happen, I mean the hammer would move a little but would not release to strike the firing pin. Repeated attempts to remove and reinstall the magazine and racking the slide (yes, the safety was off) resulted in the same thing happening, the trigger is pulled to the stop and then nothing. I’ve tried other magazines with the same results. This pistol has had no rounds put through it and is new out of the box with this issue. Anybody else heard of this?

2. #2 Re: Trigger problems 
    Welcome to the forum from Celebration Florida. Call Ruger and explain to them your issue, they will help out.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere.
    μολὼν λαβέ

3. #3 Re: Trigger problems 
    Quote Originally Posted by Paynjt View Post
    Hello all. I just purchased a new LCP II in .22 caliber and after admiring the lite rack slide I decided to dry fire the pistol to check the trigger pull. To my surprise the trigger would pull the way back to the stop and then nothing would happen, I mean the hammer would move a little but would not release to strike the firing pin. Repeated attempts to remove and reinstall the magazine and racking the slide (yes, the safety was off) resulted in the same thing happening, the trigger is pulled to the stop and then nothing. I’ve tried other magazines with the same results. This pistol has had no rounds put through it and is new out of the box with this issue. Anybody else heard of this?
    Yep..I had the same symptoms on my LC9 and I sent it back to Ruger and have had no other problems. They are good with warranties. Stuff happens but if you dont want to do without the pistol for a couple weeks take it to a smith.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Trigger problems 
    Most likely the when they installed it, the trigger bar was not put in correctly. I have had the same thing happen with my Pico's when I changed grip colors. For the Pico, it is not problem, since the gun is Modular and easy to take back out and re-install. You should be able to do the same thing with the LCP, but will be somewhat difficult. Persoanlly I would attempt it myself rather than send it in and have to wait. But then again, the LCPp22 has that ridiculous safety that might be causing the problem.
    Hate that safety. I shoot so many pocket guns all the time, and when shooting the LCP the safety will engage and I am like what the heck happened. Forget it has that safety.
    Good luck with Ruger, if you do send it in they will fix it. Might want to check on the down time as things might have changed with the Virus nonsense.

6. #5 Re: Trigger problems 
    Did you ever get this issue resolved? New out of the box and you can not dry fire?! Did not even get a chance to cycle and fire some test magazines yet! Good luck, be safe and update us when you can.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads