Lcp 2 brass denting

Lcp 2 brass denting

This is a discussion on Lcp 2 brass denting within the LCP Technical forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; hello all i went to the range for the first outing with my new lcp 2 it shot great and ran through all the different ...

Thread: Lcp 2 brass denting

1. #1 Lcp 2 brass denting 
    hello all i went to the range for the first outing with my new lcp 2 it shot great and ran through all the different ammo i fed it. But when it collected the brass to reload i noticed something odd. All the case ends were dented in and there were scraps down the side of the cases. Some had creases and some were scuffed deep but all the ends were caved in. Is this normal with this gun or do I have an issue. I ran almost 100 rounds and every case was like this some were worse but I chucked those
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lcp 2 brass denting-20200806_181908_1596833209976.jpg   Lcp 2 brass denting-20200806_181801_1596833222044.jpg  

2. #2 Re: Lcp 2 brass denting 
    I don't have an answer unfortunately, but I have a S&W Shield 40 that does the same thing. I sent it back to Smith & Wesson twice and they said it's the nature on the gun. Not sure what to think of that. Why would a gun company want to make a gun that destroys your brass? Doesn't make sense.
    Keep Calm, Carry on

3. #3 Re: Lcp 2 brass denting 
    Ejection/recoil system. What recoil spring are you using?. Or Perhaps a light loaded ammo. Receiver is ramming into the round too soon. You could call Ruger and ask for another Ejector. Try a heavier loaded ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Lcp 2 brass denting 
    Looks like hot ammo to me. The spent case is hitting the ejector (slide stop) so hard that it is dented as it leaves the ejection port. Those don't look like once fired cases to me. Anyway your sizer die should size those cases and you can use them again. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

It's was all factory ammo i used pmc brass,blazer brass, rederal and speer all acted the same also used 3 different mags

7. #6 Re: Lcp 2 brass denting 
    Do you see any witness marks ? Maybe lock the slide open and have a look. You could also take the barrel off and see how a round fits the chamber. It should be loose. A red permanent marker could be used to completely cover the brass and you could go shooting. The red may show up in the chamber. You might just contact Ruger and get them in the loop. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

I checked the barrel it fits good. I have have a chance to fire it for a few days but did load it and hand cycled it. I noticed some of the rounds were harder to get to chamber. I think I'm going to contact ruger. Is it better to call or email?

9. #8 Re: Lcp 2 brass denting 
    I would call on a weekday morning. Some say email takes a while to receive a reply. Den

Just a little update on my issue. I sent it to ruger and they replaced the slide and barrel. I went and shot it but it still dose the same thing. Big scuffs and dents on the cases not sure what to do

11. #10 Re: Lcp 2 brass denting 
    Quote Originally Posted by Welderman85 View Post
    Just a little update on my issue. I sent it to ruger and they replaced the slide and barrel. I went and shot it but it still dose the same thing. Big scuffs and dents on the cases not sure what to do
    Every early 1911 Colt pistol that I ever owned did the very same thing. The accepted cure by most pistolsmiths is to mill the bottom edge of the ejection port a bit lower and bevel, or scallop, the back radius of said port. That solution cures the dented case mouths on spent cases as they are ejected and is done on most all manufactured 1911 style pistols henceforth.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads