Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? - Page 2

Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II?

This is a discussion on Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? within the LCP Technical forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by pennsy Why Mobil One rather than any other synthetic oil ? I've been using it for many years. It's great. When you ...

Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Why Mobil One rather than any other synthetic oil ?
    I've been using it for many years. It's great. When you use it in your lcp you only have to change the oil every 25,000 miles or shots, whichever comes first. OK i made that part up, but it is great in engines and the guns are still working good too!

2. #12 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    I see Mobil One mentioned a lot . I was just wondering how it got it's rep vs other motor oils . Hey , if the shoe fits....

3. #13 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    w
    I see Mobil One mentioned a lot . I was just wondering how it got it's rep vs other motor oils . Hey , if the shoe fits....
    R u talking about mobil 1 in engines or as a gun lube? As a gun lube u use so very little - or you should! - that i don't think it makes much difference, other than pouring a little bit of synthetic engine oil into a little gun lube applicator with a tiny nozzle essentially costs nothing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    As a gun lube . I see it mentioned a lot . I like Ballistol . I can get it on my hands and not worry about it . When I was young , things like that did not bother me . Then a friend of mine who was a grease monkey died of leukemia . I used to clean carburetors in gas and wash my hands in turpentine after painting . I now wear gloves . Mobil One is probably a great lube . I just don't want to touch it a lot .
    Last edited by pennsy; 01-15-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.

6. #15 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    Been using CLP and MPro-7 for years now. A little goes a long way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

7. #16 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    w
    As a gun lube . I see it mentioned a lot . I like Ballistol . I can get it on my hands and not worry about it . When I was young , things like that did not bother me . Then a friend of mine who was a grease monkey died of leukemia . I used to clean carburetors in gas and wash my hands in turpentine after painting . I know wear gloves . Mobil One is probably a great lube . I just don't want to touch it a lot .

I don't touch it.

8. #17 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    I wear gloves but still check out the safety data sheets for every product I use. Of the three I remember, Hoppes #9 was the worst and Ballistol was the safest. Mobile 1 was fine, they said just wash your hands. If I remember correctly they wanted you to use a respirator and wash your hands for 15 min. after using Hoppes #9. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

9. #18 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    I wear gloves but still check out the safety data sheets for every product I use. Of the three I remember, Hoppes #9 was the worst and Ballistol was the safest. Mobile 1 was fine, they said just wash your hands. If I remember correctly they wanted you to use a respirator and wash your hands for 15 min. after using Hoppes #9. Den

Wow! I might have some old unused containers of that stuff lying around. I'll look and throw it out if I do.

Did you ever read the instructions for those wiggly light bulbs that they were selling all over the place for years, what to do it it breaks? They practically want you to abandon your house and move far away! Seriously I read that if you break one of them you should throw away your entire rug!

10. #19 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    ETS
    Yes, those CFL bulbs that the gov't essentially mandated some years ago are being phased out in favor of LEDs. The instructions for what to do if a CFL breaks read like an HAZMAT manual. As far as Hoppes #9 goes, was unaware of all the associated hazards. All I can say, is I guess I've shortened my life by at least 5 min.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

11. #20 Re: Best oil and cleaning solution for LCP II? 
    Eezox for all my guns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads