New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing - Page 20

New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing

This is a discussion on New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by Denny4kids Ive got a self modified Custom that works pretty well. I first tried to install a tritium vial to my Custom ...

Thread: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
  1. #191 Re: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    Ive got a self modified Custom that works pretty well. I first tried to install a tritium vial to my Custom model front sight but the aftermarket vial was not bright enough. Then I purchased another front sight from Ruger and drilled it out for a fiber optic. It is very bright and I can shoot very insistingly. (is that a word?) They may be hard to come by but you may be able to pick up an LCP custom with sights for cheaper than the mod. Denny

Attachment 13660

Thanks for the reply Denny, that appears to be a well executed modification, and I would probably try it if I had a Custom. What I was hoping for was a reply from some of the folks that actually had the sight upgrade done from Innovative Arms to get their imput now that they have had some time with them. I have to say I am intrigued by those fiber optic sights (I’m looking at a pair for my LC9). How are they working for you?

2. #192 Re: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing 
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPor9mm View Post
    Thanks for the reply Denny, that appears to be a well executed modification, and I would probably try it if I had a Custom. What I was hoping for was a reply from some of the folks that actually had the sight upgrade done from Innovative Arms to get their imput now that they have had some time with them. I have to say I am intrigued by those fiber optic sights (I’m looking at a pair for my LC9). How are they working for you?
    I had the Innovative Arms (IA) sight upgrade to my P3aT about 2 years ago. After about 200-300 hundred rounds, the front sight came loose and I sent it to IA to be fixed. Once returned and at the range, the front sight tritium seal blew out during the first magazine. Sent it back to IA and they replaced the front sight. I put the slide in my safe and picked-up a chrome slide to replace it. Your mileage may be different.
    New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing-04.16.18-380.3.rs.jpg
    New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing-08.10.18-sight.jpg
    NRA & SASS Life Member

3. #193 Re: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing 
    After a rigorous practice/training session with my Custom, the fiber optic insert fell out of my front sight. The way most fiber optics are secured is by melting the end and forming a little ball on each end. Next time I will just use a little easy to remove glue along with melting the ends. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #194 Re: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing 
    Wildwes said:
    I had the Innovative Arms (IA) sight upgrade to my P3aT about 2 years ago. After about 200-300 hundred rounds, the front sight came loose and I sent it to IA to be fixed. Once returned and at the range, the front sight tritium seal blew out during the first magazine. Sent it back to IA and they replaced the front sight. I put the slide in my safe and picked-up a chrome slide to replace it. Your mileage may be different.

Well that sucks! I was thinking about having my LCP ll, and the KT P-32 both done. Now I’m not sure.

6. #195 Re: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing 
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPor9mm View Post
    Wildwes said:

Well that sucks! I was thinking about having my LCP ll, and the KT P-32 both done. Now I’m not sure.��
    They make the rear sight, but contract for the tritium front sights. So, they have no quality control over the front sight. Even though I had some issues, I'm sure many have had no problems and IA backed their work and took care of me both times.

New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing-04.16.18-380.3.sl.jpg
    NRA & SASS Life Member

7. #196 Re: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing 
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwes View Post
    They make the rear sight, but contract for the tritium front sights. So, they have no quality control over the front sight. Even though I had some issues, I'm sure many have had no problems and IA backed their work and took care of me both times.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.16.18-380.3.SL.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	13742
    True, and they do get a lot of good reviews online. I REALLY want a night sight on my ll. Maybe the right thing to do, is pick up another ll dedicated for carry duty and send that slide and barrel off. Yeah, that’s the ticket! Another ll.

8. #197 Re: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing 
    ....so I picked up another LCPll, and it came with a laser. I liked it so much I ordered a second laser for the original LCPll and called it a day.

9. #198 Re: New " Innovative front & rear sights " - plus satin finish and polishing 
    New User
    Did you ever have your sights upgraded?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads