Talon wallet holster

Talon wallet holster

This is a discussion on Talon wallet holster within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I’ve been carrying a LCP gen I for about 5 years in an Uncle George wallet holster. Really good holster but it was starting to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pennsy

Thread: Talon wallet holster

1. #1 Talon wallet holster 
    I’ve been carrying a LCP gen I for about 5 years in an Uncle George wallet holster. Really good holster but it was starting to print in the back pocket of my jeans. After sitting on it for all those years it was formed to good to my pistol.

I ordered a Talon, which I think will hold up well. The only thing wrong with my previous holster was the area below the barrel and in front of the trigger loses it form so it looks less like a wallet over time. The Talon is built up in this area so time will tell how it holds up.

2. #2 Re: Talon wallet holster 
    That is a problem with wallet holsters and pocket holsters in general. I once built up that area with the fuzzy half of velcro tape. If you are concerned with printing, this will help.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

3. #3 Re: Talon wallet holster 
    Some holster makers build a holster that have two sides (front and back) and then attach that to a removable panel. That gives you two layers of leather on the back side. That helps with less printing. Also consider horsehide construction. Horsehide is rolled and compressed and is a little stiffer compared to cowhide. I have a horsehide back pocket for a Seecamp that I've used for nearly 10 years and its still flat on the back panel. The corners are slightly curved much like a wallet does over time, but does not print the gun in any way. Also, having a removable panel would allow you to replace it very easily if ever needed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Talon wallet holster 
    I’d say the Talon is almost a small stand alone holster with a back panel attached. I think long term it will eventually print but might take a little longer than some others.

6. #5 Re: Talon wallet holster 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeman1 View Post
    .................................................. ........ it will eventually print but might take a little longer than some others.
    Sounds like "a little bit pregnant" to me.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

7. #6 Re: Talon wallet holster 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    Sounds like "a little bit pregnant" to me.
    Reminds me of an old joke. What did the ( pick the nationality of your choice) say to her pregnant daughter? Don't worry, maybe it is not yours.
    ETS likes this.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

8. #7 Re: Talon wallet holster 
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeman1 View Post
    I’d say the Talon is almost a small stand alone holster with a back panel attached. I think long term it will eventually print but might take a little longer than some others.
    You are correct. I could not tell by the pictures as they are not that good to see. But I watched their video and it is a separate holster with a permanent panel attached.

9. #8 Re: Talon wallet holster 
    Has anyone tried this talon wallet holster and the desantis superfly for back pocket carry? The superfly has the Velcro flap and is a sturdy fabric vs leather. I’ve used the superfly about 7 years now and have to get a new one every 3 years or so. It’s been really good, but not opposed to getting a talon if it works better.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads