I have a BT guiderod question for you guys

I have a BT guiderod question for you guys

This is a discussion on I have a BT guiderod question for you guys within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; i bought a BT guide rod and 12# wolf springs i got my slide back from inovation for sight upgrade and now with guide rod ...

Thread: I have a BT guiderod question for you guys

1. #1 I have a BT guiderod question for you guys 
    brock30
    i bought a BT guide rod and 12# wolf springs i got my slide back from inovation for sight upgrade and now with guide rod and wolf spring i cant lock my slide back its like it just doesnt go far enough back. is any one else having this prob

2. #2 Re: I have a BT guiderod question for you guys 
    I doubt the BT-Guiderod is the problem, try replacing the #12 Wolff springs with the stock springs & see if the slide locks open. The #12-13 Wolff springs do make a difference in racking the slide, so I'm guessing you just need to work them some to get the slide to lock back. I never lock the slide back anyway, so to me, not a big deal. Yogi

Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

3. #3 Re: I have a BT guiderod question for you guys 
    brock30
    thanks yogi

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: I have a BT guiderod question for you guys 
    Quote Originally Posted by brock30
    thanks yogi
    Not a problem. I have the BT-Guiderod with #13 springs, which did make it harder to lock the slide open, but it will lock. I made the switch for the less felt recoil when firing, so there is a trade-off. Let me know if the original springs alleviates your problem, I think it will. Yogi

Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

6. #5 Re: I have a BT guiderod question for you guys 
    brock30....I have 12# springs and factory guiderod....

I can lock the slide back but it is hard to do....

I dont have any reason to lock the slide back so it is not an issue for me...

Life is to short to shoot ugly guns....May Glocks live forever....

7. #6 Re: I have a BT guiderod question for you guys 
    when i first changed mine it would not lock either. after a few mags she was fine.

8. #7 Re: I have a BT guiderod question for you guys 
    Quote Originally Posted by dago
    when i first changed mine it would not lock either. after a few mags she was fine.
    I had the same experience, at first it would not lock back, after quite a few hand rackings and a range trip it now locks back if needed.

9. #8 Re: I have a BT guiderod question for you guys 
    I also had this problem after switching out my springs and guide rod. After trying every combination of stock springs, Wolff springs (11, 12, and 13 lb), stock guide rod, and BT guide rod, I was able to determine that the Wolff springs were the culprit. My slide travel lessened by about a millimeter, just enough to prevent the lock from engaging no matter how hard I tried. I sent the springs back to Wolff to try in the two LCP's they have in their shop, and they told me that they were able to lock the slide back using each of the three springs. Apparently there are some variances from gun to gun. Everything functioned properly out of the box, so I just switched back to the stock springs and continued to use the BT guide rod. I may try again at some point, and put some rounds through it with the new springs in just to see if it remedies the problem like it has with others here. On a side note, after about 300 rounds the BT guide rod still looks new. The stock guide rod looked horrible after only 50 rounds. I know it's only a cosmetic issue, but I'm anal about my guns.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads