LC9S Guide Rod

LC9S Guide Rod

This is a discussion on LC9S Guide Rod within the LC9 Technical forums, part of the LC9 category; While cleaning my pistol, I noticed that the end of the guide rod had a slight bend to it (see below). Is this normal wear, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gladius64
  • 1 Post By devoegw

Thread: LC9S Guide Rod

1. #1 LC9S Guide Rod 
    While cleaning my pistol, I noticed that the end of the guide rod had a slight bend to it (see below). Is this normal wear, or something about which I should contact Ruger?

Thanks!

LC9S Guide Rod-20190616_154358.jpg
    Semper ubi sub ubi.

2. #2 Re: LC9S Guide Rod 
    Can safely say it is not normal wear. Does it seem to be a bend in the rod, or more like the end possibly pulling loose? i.e. is there a point before the end cap that seems bent/worn, or just that the end cap is uneaven? either way, I would contact Ruger, but I would go to them with a more detailed description of the issue. My concern is that a fault might be working the end cap off, and that it could fly off during firing.
    rclark28 likes this.

3. #3 Re: LC9S Guide Rod 
    Contact Ruger and get a replacement guide rod assembly. My EC9s Guide Rod Assembly part#32 (bent washer after 950 rounds) did the same and they replaced it at no charge. See post #2. Ruger customer service for me is very good. It only took 7 business days at that time. Call Ruger customer service and explain your issue.
    Good luck and keep your powder dry!
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: LC9S Guide Rod 
    Thank you!

You were absolutely right: Ruger is sending me a replacement guide rod assembly!
    Last edited by devoegw; 03-20-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    rclark28 likes this.
    Semper ubi sub ubi.

6. #5 Re: LC9S Guide Rod 
    Glad they took care of you. Good luck with your issue. After 950 rounds I had mine replaced by Ruger (great customer service) and now have just over 2,500 rounds with no issues so far I still love mine.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

7. #6 Re: LC9S Guide Rod 
    One of the very first features I replaced on the LC9 I bought to carry during warmer weather, was that black noodle plastic guide rod. My feeling: how can anything actually "guide" when its action is like a buggy whip. Nope, I lathe turned a steel guide rod for that pistol the very next day after that pistol arrived. And, so it was with a couple of SR 22 Ruger pistols and my Glock 23 CCW pistol:

Steel guide rods are now readily available to replace any plastic guide rods where an owner wants to.
    "There are many more airplanes at the bottom of the oceans than there are submarines in the sky"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads