SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster

SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster

This is a discussion on SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster within the LC9 Accessories forums, part of the LC9 category; So I have been reading up on other styles of concealed holsters (my Kydex experiment is still not perfect yet) and I stumbled on the ...

Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster 
    So I have been reading up on other styles of concealed holsters (my Kydex experiment is still not perfect yet) and I stumbled on the deep concealment style, worn under clothing, low on the hips and, well, in a private area. So I picked up one from SmartCarry, who are said to be one of the best at this type, and I have to say, it is very comfortable, and crazy discrete. Some of the models seem a bit large (pistol & magazine, 2 pistols, or large frame models) but for a pistol only, sub compact model, I can imagine forgetting it is even there.
    SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster-holster.jpg

2. #2 Re: SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster 
    It is amazing how well my LCPII and EC9s can with ease carry comfortably. I have seen a holster just like this and may try it. Both range team mates use this one here post#1 for their BUG while on duty. They went from ankle carry to this for under cover and have not gone back so that tells me something.
    Gladius64 likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

3. #3 Re: SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster 
    I have only been carrying a couple of years. I have tried several different holsters. I didn't like shoulder holsters, I am too chubby for a IWB. I have a nice holster for OWB, but what I carry most often is pocket. You should give that some consideration. The gun in your avatar looks like it would be perfect for pocket carry.
    Gladius64 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
    ...but what I carry most often is pocket. You should give that some consideration. The gun in your avatar looks like it would be perfect for pocket carry.
    My EDC (pictured in my avatar) is an overly tricked out LC9s Pro, and I have carried it in my pocket (I have a Desantis Nemesis holster), but it only fits comfortably in a jacket pocket, and pulls awkwardly in a windbreaker. I am a small overweight older guy, and the pants I wear do not tend towards large pockets (I have an LCP that is quite comfortable in a pants pocket, and I have both a pocket holster and a wallet case).

SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster-lc9spro.jpgSmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster-nemesis.jpgSmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster-61554.jpg SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster-d0957bf7ee7389df0c7788a016df6d02.jpg

For my LC9s, I also picked up an IWB Kydex holster that I had modified with a shoulder strap, so that my waist doesn't have to support the weight of the pistol, as may of my pants are stretch waist, and don't lend themselves well to belt holsters OR pocket carry. The Smart Carry has it's own waist strap, and because of the way it drops in front, requires very little tension to support the holster.

SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster-kydex04.jpg
    rclark28 likes this.

For deep concealment I don’t think you can beat the Hide-it-holster (see web site https://www.ultimateconcealedcarry.c...-carry-holster for a demo video).

I carried with the then current version from 2005 to 2015 at work in an office in a firearms unfriendly concern; it was technically within policy, but I’m certain they would have changed policies if they knew.

Basically it is a pouch holster with a long-ish backing that reaches to a clip that goes over your belt. The holster hangs below the belt enough to be comfortable sitting.

Mine had a flip-phone holder on the clip, which made a great ‘handle’ to pull up the holster to present my gun.

In 10 years, no one suspected or even asked as an aside about my carrying.

Watch the video; a picture is worth a thousand words.

7. #6 Re: SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster 
    Quote Originally Posted by clif4 View Post
    For deep concealment I don’t think you can beat the Hide-it-holster...
    Well, I guess I am missing something, cause that kind of holster does not seem to address any of the issues I raised for concealed carry, most obviously the fact that it requires a belt, and the weight of the gun/holster is still carried by your pants. I appreciate the input, but it feels like there was no attempt to engage the topic, just a product plug. Also, your account seems... odd.

I guess I focused on “deep concealment” since that was what your first post talked about, and I had experience with a different deep concealment holster.

“Product plug”? “SmartCarry”.

As far as my account seeming “...odd”, I’ll admit to mostly lurking on the Ruger pistol forums, but other than that I gave you my 2 cents worth — and that can’t be ‘odd’. <grin>

9. #8 Re: SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster 
    “Product plug”? “SmartCarry”.
    Ok, I have to give that one to you.

As far as my account seeming “...odd”, I’ll admit to mostly lurking on the Ruger pistol forums, but other than that I gave you my 2 cents worth — and that can’t be ‘odd’. <grin>
    I hope you can see, in hind sight, how the unusual account, together with the recommendation of a product, along with link
    <ha, see, mine didn't have a link>, and the product not addressing my particular needs in deep concealment, might look like spam. I'm sorry for misreading your intent, and as it happens, I had looked more than once at the Hide-It Holster. My issue is that when I wear belts (not very frequently), they tend towards the thin nylon type, and don't lend themselves to IWB or the aforementioned Hide-It types. I picked up an IWB Kydex holster that I had them add a support strap that goes over the shoulder, so all the weight is taken off the waist, but the belt clip is not tight enough, so it tends to come away when I draw (not a good thing).

Belatedly, thanks for your help and suggestion, but I think I will need to keep looking (other than this new Smart Carry Holster, which is great! <Link>)

10. #9 Re: SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster 
    Deep concealment to me, means a possible fumble when needing to draw. I use a gun belt hip holster for my LC9 where it's readily available for ME. Very flat, no printing being obvious, even with a T-shirt out and over it:

rclark28 likes this.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

11. #10 Re: SmartCarry Deep Concealment Holster 
    Quote Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
    Deep concealment to me, means a possible fumble when needing to draw. I use a gun belt hip holster for my LC9 where it's readily available for ME. Very flat, no printing being obvious, even with a T-shirt out and over it:
    Definitely looks like a great setup (I like the use of all 9 rnd mags), but a gun belt just does not work for me. I'm practicing with the Smart Carry, in the hopes of reasonably fast and consistent on the draw, but it is too practical for me regardless. Also, what did you go with for sights? Is that a big dot? If so, do you find it particularly accurate, or is it a matter of just being able to see your front sight (In which case I feel your pain).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads