OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S

OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S

This is a discussion on OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S within the LC9 Accessories forums, part of the LC9 category; Need a good conceal carry holster that is worn in an OWB configuration that won't print much or will be concealed good with just a ...

Like Tree3Likes

Thread: OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    Need a good conceal carry holster that is worn in an OWB configuration that won't print much or will be concealed good with just a tshirt covering it. Tried an Alien Gear Slide pictured below but it was too obvious...

Any other recommendations?

Last edited by corneileous; 06-26-2017 at 10:42 PM.

2. #2 Re: OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Need a good conceal carry holster that is worn in an OWB configuration that won't print much or will be concealed good with just a tshirt covering it. Tried an Alien Gear Slide Cloak, pictured below but it was too obvious...

Any other recommendations?
    I bought the Alien Gear and it was terrible for concealed carry OWB. Huge, and made the gun stick out.(My fault as they actually pointed that out on there website) I had always read and heard about the quality of the Mitch Rosen and finally just pulled the trigger and got one. every bit as good as they say they are and should last a couple of life times. Pulls the gun is very snug. The gun on the left in the Pic below is the Mitch with a LC9S and the right the LCR. Expensive but worth every nickle.

3. #3 Re: OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    I got this one for my LC9 from Bear Creek Holsters. He's a forum member here. Check out his website and online store.

http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/
    https://store.bearcreekholsters.com/

All leather handcrafted.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    I bought the Alien Gear and it was terrible for concealed carry OWB.
    Which one, the Slide or the Mod? I thought about the Mod but AG actually said that for concealment, the regular Slide was the one I wanted.

Huge, and made the gun stick out.(My fault as they actually pointed that out on there website)
    I originally bought the Slide for my Beratta to see how it would conceal - it didn't....lol. But then I figured I'd swap the Ruger kydex over to it from my EDC holster, the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0, and even though it did well, it still printed. Might actually be fine in the winter time with a jacket over it but, I didn't try that.

I had always read and heard about the quality of the Mitch Rosen and finally just pulled the trigger and got one. every bit as good as they say they are and should last a couple of life times. Pulls the gun is very snug. The gun on the left in the Pic below is the Mitch with a LC9S and the right the LCR. Expensive but worth every nickle.

How does it conceal? I'm willing to spend a little money on a holster that will conceal good that doesn't have to be carried inside the waistband.

6. #5 Re: OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    Quote Originally Posted by mukwah View Post
    I got this one for my LC9 from Bear Creek Holsters. He's a forum member here. Check out his website and online store.

http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/
    https://store.bearcreekholsters.com/

All leather handcrafted.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    That is worn outside the waistband, right? If so, how well does it conceal?

7. #6 Re: OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    Dave,

I'm not sure which model of those Mitch Rosen holsters you have but the two models I looked at don't have an option to have one molded so that a LC9S will fit that has a laser sight attachment on the trigger guard like Alien Gear does...

8. #7 OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    Also, those Mitch holsters looked like a great prospect for my Storm but uh, they don't seem to even make a holster for anything Beretta.

9. #8 OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    I guess little change of plans... who makes a good, well-concealed holster that rides high like the Mitch holsters Dave posted but will accommodate a trigger guard laser?

10. #9 Re: OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I guess little change of plans... who makes a good, well-concealed holster that rides high like the Mitch holsters Dave posted but will accommodate a trigger guard laser?
    You could either make or have someone make a resized version of the holster I designed and made for my LCP (photos below). It really snugs into my side nicely and is easily hidden with a shirt or short jacket. The unique part of my design is how the belt goes through the back panel of the holster without bending the holster ends like happens with most pancake holsters.

Skip Douglas

11. #10 OWB holster for conceal carry - LC9S 
    I was sure hoping to not get into custom made because that might bring with it an ultra-premium price but who knows, that might be my only option.

I guess when I get home this evenin' I can put my Ruger's kydex one more time back on that new holster I bought for the Beretta and try puttin' a jacket on over it to test concealability for like in the winter when it cools off.

In the summer I wear cargo shorts with pretty big front pockets that allows me to carry the Ruger, with its laser and even it's extended magazine comfortably in a pocket holster.

I just need something for in between shorts season...
    Last edited by corneileous; 06-27-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads