Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes?

Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes?

This is a discussion on Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? within the Gunsmithing forums, part of the General Category category; I just remembered about this handy tool! Great for inspecting anywhere you can't normally see. This would be perfect for inspecting a weapon barrel! When ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By toytraindoc
  • 1 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 1 Post By DocGlock
  • 1 Post By rclark28

Thread: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes?

1. #1 Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    I just remembered about this handy tool! Great for inspecting anywhere you can't normally see.
    This would be perfect for inspecting a weapon barrel!
    When I worked for Mercedes we were having a hard time inspecting an engine cylinder through the spark plug hole with the factory $2k tool. One of the Techs came up with a mini borescope he had hooked up to his phone and it worked great. With the 90 degree mirror we could clearly see a burnt exhaust valve. He found his on the internet for $10. I'm not sure witch one is for me but I know it must have the screw on mirror tips and a bright light. Den

https://www.amazon.com/NIDAGE-Automo...a-570625718335
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

2. #2 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    Denny, a year ago or two a borescope came on this forum or another forum came up. After a few post it died and no other interest. Now, I think a inexpensive borescope like this to have is a GREAT tool to have especially at the range. You can check out the barrel out when you are testing new ammo out or when you have some concerns about the barrel etc.. I truely believe it’s a great tool to have. One other note: you can use it on other projects also.
    SGW Gunsmith and rclark28 like this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere.
    μολὼν λαβέ

3. #3 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    Denny, a year ago or two a borescope came on this forum or another forum came up. After a few post it died and no other interest. Now, I think a inexpensive borescope like this to have is a GREAT tool to have especially at the range. You can check out the barrel out when you are testing new ammo out or when you have some concerns about the barrel etc.. I truely believe it’s a great tool to have. One other note: you can use it on other projects also.

A bore scope is indeed a very handy tool to use when inspecting a rifle, or handgun bore. I have the Lyman bore scope and it has a 90° viewing lense. That's very handy, as I can see barrel erosion much more clearly than those lenses that only look forward.
    One of the areas in a rimfire bore I like to inspect is where the reamer has cut the angled area ( leade ) from the front end of the chamber to where the rifling begins. The main reason I want to see this area is that it is the area where lead & carbon can build up, especially when the reamer starts to get dull and rather than cut that area cleanly, the dull reamer will roll a nasty burr and sharp edge on the trailing edge of the lands. That condition will shave lead off a bullet passing over it and build up into a lead ring. Not good.
    Now, over time, the flame from the freshly ignited gunpowder will eventually burn that burr off, but it can take a while to get rid of the burr. Lapping that angle, or leade, when done with extreme caution, will get rid of it also, but it's important that only the area where the burr exists be lapped specifically.
    rclark28 likes this.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    I have been attempting to get feed back on what one to buy. Just need one for my rimfires and AR. Always wanted one but did not purchase because of price. Now the price seems to be good enough for a basic one. Just one more way to learn to keep my Ruger's safe and running. I may take the plunge and learn how to use one.
    The price for this item is hard to turn down. This tool can assist with other projects as well.
    All you guys have a great day.
    Rick
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"

6. #5 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    This is one of my favorite pics. It's down the barrel of my Glock 26 loaded with golddots. Got the borescope a few years ago for about $12 on ebay, but it's barely too big to use on a .22.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes?-barrel-golddot.jpg  
    rclark28 likes this.

7. #6 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    That really is a awesome photograph! The eye of the "Speer"...
    What brand, make and model do you guys recommend and what accessory's are needed?
    Wounded Warrior Project

8. #7 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    I've read good reviews on the Teslong model. I may get that one.
    μολὼν λαβέ
    NRA Life Member

9. #8 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    Keeping an eye on this thread. I'm interested in a bore scope but also would like to find how one might use it for other things. But considering how inexpensive they are I might buy one just because.
    Come And Take Them

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus
    CGC Point Evans WPB 82354
    MSO LA/LB SAR & Drug Interdiction Team

10. #9 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Keeping an eye on this thread. I'm interested in a bore scope but also would like to find how one might use it for other things. But considering how inexpensive they are I might buy one just because.
    Same here. I would like to find one that will work in my 22LR rimfires, 9mm, 38spc, AR and use it for other projects. The prices are ok now and one that will work for all my need would be good. Just do not want to buy one and not use it because I bought the wrong one. Willing to pay for one that fits my needs. Going to start researching as well. Good luck.
    chefduane likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project

11. #10 Re: Have you all seen these inexpensive borescopes? 
    This is the one I have:

These You-tube videos are some of the worst, but it does show how this thing works.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads