Painted sights color choice

Painted sights color choice

This is a discussion on Painted sights color choice within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; hello all i just got this little guy but haven't shot it yet but after watching a lot of videos on it I knew I ...

Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Painted sights color choice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Painted sights color choice 
    New User
    hello all i just got this little guy but haven't shot it yet but after watching a lot of videos on it I knew I would need to paint the sights.it seems every body dose it the own way and different colors and what not. I used the Birchwood paint pens. The question i have is shouldnindonthe back one green or leave it white? Sorry for the bad pictures my phone is old
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Painted sights color choice-20200801_102358_1596292090963.jpg   Painted sights color choice-20200801_102342_1596292110143.jpg  

2. #2 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    I left my rear sites as is. Still experimenting. Have fun.
    I tried white and yellow on my EC9s. Settled on yellow and may try orange next. Some friends swear by orange. Any color for me is better than black. Getting older is a pain some days! My eyes pickup white better but will test just to find out.
    *My Glock G44 came with white and I love the white on that rimfire.
    *My LCPII22LR is about to get a white front site.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

3. #3 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    I painted my front sight white and didn't paint the rear

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    I painted both front and rear sights white. When the target is sighted properly it looks like a white bar straight across. Works for me.
    There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus
    CGC Point Evans WPB 82354
    MSO LA/LB SAR & Drug Interdiction Team

6. #5 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    On that gun, I would paint the front site White and the rear sight Black. On most of my EDC guns, I blacken out the rear sight. Just too distracting for fast point and shoot. These are not target guns.
    rclark28 and louchia like this.

7. #6 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    boo
    Back in my hand gun hunting days, I experimented with different colored front sight. White and sky blue worked the best for me.

8. #7 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Back in my hand gun hunting days, I experimented with different colored front sight. White and sky blue worked the best for me.
    In the 60's my uncle used sky blue on his hand guns in the field. I have tried yellow and white(front) on these smaller point and shoot gems. It has been along time since I considered sky blue but will give it a go. Orange is next on my test and will consider sky blue. He was a great marksman so who knows it is worth a try. Eyes are not what they used to be so even for point and shoot drills for me anything is better than black.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

9. #8 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    On that gun, I would paint the front site White and the rear sight Black. On most of my EDC guns, I blacken out the rear sight. Just too distracting for fast point and shoot. These are not target guns.
    Well Said! For What it's worth, As a Police firearms instructor and former SWAT team commander, I can not emphasize the importance of practicing "point and shoot". The LCP points very well and sights should not be used in a defensive carry pocket pistol. Practice with an empty pistol, pointing and looking across the top of the slide at a selected target inside 7 yards. No need to pull the trigger, just practice the quick point. Trying to use sights will get you killed!! There is no second place winners in a gunfight. The vast majority of times, the one who lands the first shot ON TARGET walks away alive!! The LCP is made for "up close and personal" defensive work. Always remember that.
    rclark28 and Whiskeyshooter like this.

10. #9 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by mtkfish View Post
    Well Said! For What it's worth, As a Police firearms instructor and former SWAT team commander, I can not emphasize the importance of practicing "point and shoot". The LCP points very well and sights should not be used in a defensive carry pocket pistol. Practice with an empty pistol, pointing and looking across the top of the slide at a selected target inside 7 yards. No need to pull the trigger, just practice the quick point. Trying to use sights will get you killed!! There is no second place winners in a gunfight. The vast majority of times, the one who lands the first shot ON TARGET walks away alive!! The LCP is made for "up close and personal" defensive work. Always remember that.

Oh Yes indeed. Just point your gun at a spot and then looking where your sight actually end up is one of the most over looked skills rarely mentioned. I do it all the time and have for years. I also shoot a lot of BB and Pellet guns using point and shoot. Easy to practice with. Just focus on the target and the eyes will be your laser. After a while it just becomes natural.

11. #10 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by mtkfish View Post
    Thanks for this! True words of wisdom here. I now at each range session make time to practice point and shoot drills with some double tap drills. I save my target practice for my Mark III and other target pistols. My snubbies and smaller shooters I have had blast with point and shoot drills. At 62yrs old still learning and loving all range times.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads