Painted sights color choice - Page 3

Painted sights color choice

This is a discussion on Painted sights color choice within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; SGW-> Just a beautiful setting with some really nice pieces. *I like those inserts you found there. For my Mark III 22/45 I put on ...

Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Painted sights color choice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    SGW-> Just a beautiful setting with some really nice pieces.
    *I like those inserts you found there. For my Mark III 22/45 I put on a Tactical Solutions Fiber Optic Site and chose yellow. It helped my old eyes out and has been used for year now. The tube fell out so I had to replace it. Testing paint or different colors this week on other firearms I found orange is going to be my choice for my next tests.
    *You are correct point and shoot has to be second nature! I have made it a point to practice more point and shoot drills lately. I love target shooting like everyone but I have found point and shoot drills with double tap drills to be just as fun. Practice point and shoot drills your life God forbid may depend on it!!
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

2. #22 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    I painted both front and rear sights white. When the target is sighted properly it looks like a white bar straight across. Works for me.
    I did the same. Works for me. Tried many colors. It is a personal choice kind of thing.
    BA

3. #23 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    SGW-> Just a beautiful setting with some really nice pieces.
    *I like those inserts you found there. For my Mark III 22/45 I put on a Tactical Solutions Fiber Optic Site and chose yellow. It helped my old eyes out and has been used for year now. The tube fell out so I had to replace it. Testing paint or different colors this week on other firearms I found orange is going to be my choice for my next tests.
    *You are correct point and shoot has to be second nature! I have made it a point to practice more point and shoot drills lately. I love target shooting like everyone but I have found point and shoot drills with double tap drills to be just as fun. Practice point and shoot drills your life God forbid may depend on it!!
    I've been installing the "high glow orange inserts" since local LEO's were carrying revolvers, like the Smith & Wesson Models 19, 27 and 28 versions. The inserts last much longer than paint and don't rub off from holster wear.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads