Painted sights color choice - Page 2

Painted sights color choice

This is a discussion on Painted sights color choice within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; At 7 yards you probably don't even need sights....

Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Painted sights color choice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    At 7 yards you probably don't even need sights.
    rclark28 likes this.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

2. #12 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by mtkfish View Post
    Well Said! For What it's worth, As a Police firearms instructor and former SWAT team commander, I can not emphasize the importance of practicing "point and shoot".
    Police have less than 30% accuracy! Where do the other 70% of the projectiles land? Maybe they should learn to use their sights. Denny

https://www.google.com/search?client...t+vs+miss+data
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

3. #13 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    I use white appliance enamel as it is tougher. I also paint the back of the hammer so I can see the trigger start to break.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    Police have less than 30% accuracy! Where do the other 70% of the projectiles land? Maybe they should learn to use their sights. Denny

Denny - police shootings tend to take place in very high stress split second emergency situations, often during a struggle with an "unarmed gentle giant honor student", as the media will put it. Little opportunity to aim using the sight.
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.

6. #15 Re: Painted sights color choice 

No, they need to train more. No one gets a free ride. You have to be diligent with your training. Drawing, Point and shoot skills etc. Frequent moderate training sessions. Shooting any gun once a month is not acceptable, especially a Pocket gun. And if you have owned a LCP more than two years and it has not broken down, then you are not training.
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.

7. #16 Re: Painted sights color choice 

Denny, You were obviously never a cop and clearly do not understand what I am saying about the LCP as opposed to a SERVICE PISTOL! But never mind, I'm sure you know better.

8. #17 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Orange on all my handguns, if they don't already have something.

I'm not a policeman and don't play one in real life. Meaning in part I don't get paid to carry a gun. The only person I have to keep happy is me.
    If I felt like I needed to wear out a handgun every two years to stay "proficient" I probably would just carry a stick. Or move.

But bright orange was my answer.
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.

9. #18 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    I agree with the point and shoot practice with these little guns.The are meant for SD in what would probably be a high stress situation. I practice so at the range at targets no more that 10-15 ft., sometimes moving towards me.
    I also practice point and shoot at home with a laser training cartridge. Practice all you want at no cost and you can see exactly where you would hit.
    those who keep score tend to keep it in their favor.

10. #19 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    I agree with the point and shoot practice with these little guns.The are meant for SD in what would probably be a high stress situation. I practice so at the range at targets no more that 10-15 ft., sometimes moving towards me.
    I also practice point and shoot at home with a laser training cartridge. Practice all you want at no cost and you can see exactly where you would hit.
    Laser training cartridges are excellent training devices for quick target acquisition practice. Even a long straw inserted down the muzzle that stays in place helps develop good pointing skills on small handguns by increasing the perceived "sight radius". You would be amazed how fast you begin to develop good "pointing skills"
    louchia likes this.

11. #20 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    No, they need to train more. No one gets a free ride. You have to be diligent with your training. Drawing, Point and shoot skills etc. Frequent moderate training sessions. Shooting any gun once a month is not acceptable, especially a Pocket gun. And if you have owned a LCP more than two years and it has not broken down, then you are not training.
    Training as much, and as often as one can, as was posted, is the key. Be it with a .22, or a centerfire CC firearm, your point and shoot has gotta be second nature. I get out back to my range as often as I can:

I don't trust paint on a front sight, instead, I've found these inserts to afford quicker acquisition, and are more lasting:

And if I'm outnumbered, I'll enlist my little friend:

rclark28 likes this.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads