Painted sights color choice - Page 2

Painted sights color choice

This is a discussion on Painted sights color choice within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; At 7 yards you probably don't even need sights....

Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Painted sights color choice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Full Member SGW Gunsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    243
    At 7 yards you probably don't even need sights.
    rclark28 likes this.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Super Member Denny4kids's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Treasure Valley
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by mtkfish View Post
    Well Said! For What it's worth, As a Police firearms instructor and former SWAT team commander, I can not emphasize the importance of practicing "point and shoot".
    Police have less than 30% accuracy! Where do the other 70% of the projectiles land? Maybe they should learn to use their sights. Denny

    https://www.google.com/search?client...t+vs+miss+data
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    73
    I use white appliance enamel as it is tougher. I also paint the back of the hammer so I can see the trigger start to break.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    w
    w is offline
    Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    Police have less than 30% accuracy! Where do the other 70% of the projectiles land? Maybe they should learn to use their sights. Denny

    https://www.google.com/search?client...t+vs+miss+data

    Denny - police shootings tend to take place in very high stress split second emergency situations, often during a struggle with an "unarmed gentle giant honor student", as the media will put it. Little opportunity to aim using the sight.
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #15 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Jr. Member Whiskeyshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    Police have less than 30% accuracy! Where do the other 70% of the projectiles land? Maybe they should learn to use their sights. Denny

    https://www.google.com/search?client...t+vs+miss+data

    No, they need to train more. No one gets a free ride. You have to be diligent with your training. Drawing, Point and shoot skills etc. Frequent moderate training sessions. Shooting any gun once a month is not acceptable, especially a Pocket gun. And if you have owned a LCP more than two years and it has not broken down, then you are not training.
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #16 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    Police have less than 30% accuracy! Where do the other 70% of the projectiles land? Maybe they should learn to use their sights. Denny

    https://www.google.com/search?client...t+vs+miss+data
    Denny, You were obviously never a cop and clearly do not understand what I am saying about the LCP as opposed to a SERVICE PISTOL! But never mind, I'm sure you know better.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #17 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    39
    Orange on all my handguns, if they don't already have something.

    I'm not a policeman and don't play one in real life. Meaning in part I don't get paid to carry a gun. The only person I have to keep happy is me.
    If I felt like I needed to wear out a handgun every two years to stay "proficient" I probably would just carry a stick. Or move.

    But bright orange was my answer.
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #18 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Hero Member louchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    922
    I agree with the point and shoot practice with these little guns.The are meant for SD in what would probably be a high stress situation. I practice so at the range at targets no more that 10-15 ft., sometimes moving towards me.
    I also practice point and shoot at home with a laser training cartridge. Practice all you want at no cost and you can see exactly where you would hit.
    those who keep score tend to keep it in their favor.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #19 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    I agree with the point and shoot practice with these little guns.The are meant for SD in what would probably be a high stress situation. I practice so at the range at targets no more that 10-15 ft., sometimes moving towards me.
    I also practice point and shoot at home with a laser training cartridge. Practice all you want at no cost and you can see exactly where you would hit.
    Laser training cartridges are excellent training devices for quick target acquisition practice. Even a long straw inserted down the muzzle that stays in place helps develop good pointing skills on small handguns by increasing the perceived "sight radius". You would be amazed how fast you begin to develop good "pointing skills"
    louchia likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #20 Re: Painted sights color choice 
    Full Member SGW Gunsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    No, they need to train more. No one gets a free ride. You have to be diligent with your training. Drawing, Point and shoot skills etc. Frequent moderate training sessions. Shooting any gun once a month is not acceptable, especially a Pocket gun. And if you have owned a LCP more than two years and it has not broken down, then you are not training.
    Training as much, and as often as one can, as was posted, is the key. Be it with a .22, or a centerfire CC firearm, your point and shoot has gotta be second nature. I get out back to my range as often as I can:


    I don't trust paint on a front sight, instead, I've found these inserts to afford quicker acquisition, and are more lasting:

    And if I'm outnumbered, I'll enlist my little friend:


    rclark28 likes this.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •