Step up to the Plate and start Training.

Step up to the Plate and start Training.

This is a discussion on Step up to the Plate and start Training. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Ability to draw fast and quick and the ability to hit center mass with multiple targets. Yet many have found them hard to shoot, not ...

Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Step up to the Plate and start Training.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    Ability to draw fast and quick and the ability to hit center mass with multiple targets. Yet many have found them hard to shoot, not very pleasant to train with etc. Internet Propaganda lead shooters to believe they are just gut guns, close and personal, blah blah blah. Others took their training and owning one much more seriously. They shot them often, on a diligent schedule. Those folks learned that the gun is Underrated. Capable of much further distances, able to draw faster and hit multiple targets. They learned great point and shoot skills.
    Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 07-10-2020 at 06:08 PM.

2. #2 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    We just went over the 700 round count with ours and so far with nothing but praise for this LCPII22LR.
    *With ammo cost and the shortage on all calibers this little Ruger has been nothing but fun and so far reliable. I quit talking about the 22LR LCP on the forums because of the reaction from some that do not like pocket guns or have had issues with the LCP. Love my SR22, Mark III 22/45 and LCRx22LR but this LCPII22LR is a keeper.
    *If I had to I would not hesitate to pocket carry mine with a extra mag. I may even get back into 380 now. Time will tell but I think the LCP will stay with us.
    *Thanks for the video!!! She did a good job. My wife will watch this and some others. We are going Friday to the range for her to shoot hers.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

3. #3 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    Forgot to mention-> Yes step up to the plate and get out and practice. This LCP is worth looking at. I love range time and this little 22 really allows for dbl. tap drills, point/shoot drills and just target practice at different yardages. Glad I stocked up on 22LR these past years! Due to the mess our country is in ammo has become scarce lately. Saving all my 9mm., 45ACP and 223/5.56 just in case.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    So many drills you can do. Target distances, Head shots to different distances and on and on. The LCP22 is where Plinking, defense training and fun all meet in the same place. And Affordably!
    Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 07-10-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    rclark28 likes this.

6. #5 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    The gun club I belong to does not allow targets that look anything like, or could be imagined as, a human being. We have some "prissy" folks who are afraid that many of our members might turn into serial human target stalkers. So, on my range out back of my shop, we have permission to ventilate anything that's bio-degradable, but we mostly shoot paper targets:

And for those "trusted" customers who've actually proven that they know to which direction they are supposed to shoot, I have some steel plates set up so they can gain some reasonable practice at sequential target acquisition with their carry equipment:

A few of the oaks in back of the plates have been wounded several times but they're still standing.
    "There are many more airplanes at the bottom of the oceans than there are submarines in the sky"

7. #6 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    Fortunately I belong to a Gun club that is Private. One requirement to even Join is to be a member of the NRA. That alone reduces the amount of Crap that want to shoot at our Club. We are free to choose any target we want as long as it is safe.

8. #7 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    My LGS is family owned with a good group of members and a good amount of new shooters. The staff at "The Bullet Ranch/Pataskala Ohio" keep things safe and are very helpful. Some ranges are a nightmare but I am glad I joined this one. Training and practice time is very valuable to me and I consider it therapy for the soul. It is good to not have to put up with crap when you go and practice. Targets are allowed of all kinds as long as it is safe and within reason.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

9. #8 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    [QUOTE=Whiskeyshooter; One requirement to even Join is to be a member of the NRA. That alone reduces the amount of Crap that want to shoot at our Club. [/QUOTE]

Pretty sad. You and your gun club judge people on being a member of the NRA. The NRA is one of the most corrupt, mismanaged, greedy, fearmongering, scandalas, organizations on the planet! As for the members, Go to a NRA event and you will see people brandishing their firearms before they even get in the gate. Once inside you will be amazed at how many vendors are selling Nazi memorabilia to veneraters. . I'm a life NRA member and want my money back! LOL Denny
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

10. #9 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    SGW Gunsmith, love the setup you have there at the back of your shop and it is good to see the oaks have stood up as well. Your customers are very lucky. Rick
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

11. #10 Re: Step up to the Plate and start Training. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    Pretty sad. You and your gun club judge people on being a member of the NRA. The NRA is one of the most corrupt, mismanaged, greedy, fearmongering, scandalas, organizations on the planet! As for the members, Go to a NRA event and you will see people brandishing their firearms before they even get in the gate. Once inside you will be amazed at how many vendors are selling Nazi memorabilia to veneraters. . I'm a life NRA member and want my money back! LOL Denny
    You are correct about one thing at least. The NRA taking a beating by the media, members, the left and public in general. Too many scandals and too many reports of fund mismanagement. My own family is now divided on the NRA but we chose to stay as members to help keep the 2A. My father in law passed 2 years ago and he warned me about the money spending issues and he too was not happy with the issues. As a member not up on the politics of the NRA and not being at a NRA event for decades you wonder how much is fact. I noticed many of my range friends have decided to spend their money locally in our state. Some have stayed members and many others have moved on. I stayed a member but also joined our states Buckeye Firearms Association. The question of supporting the NRA or not is a heated one. I am listening to both sides very carefully. Very carefully.
    Denny4kids likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads