New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

This is a discussion on New LCPII 22LR on the way home. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Went to check on my back ordered LCP 10th. anniversary model and it was still on order so I canceled the order. The shutdown caused ...

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Went to check on my back ordered LCP 10th. anniversary model and it was still on order so I canceled the order. The shutdown caused issues with that LGS. I just purchased a Ruger LCPII 22LR Lite Rack from "The Bullet Ranch" with x2 additional mags. Estimated to be delivered next week. I went with the 22LR because my wife has been wanting one and her friends both of them have had very good luck with theirs at the range. I wanted one anyway so that is my excuse for getting one for me. If it works out I will get her one as well.
    *Will update with pictures and a range/safety test report when I get the Ruger.
    *Will research threads here for data and will probably have some questions.
    *Anyone have anything they want to pass on regarding this new Ruger LCPII 22LR Lite Rack please feel free to forward any positive and or negative data.
    Everyone be safe, keep your powder dry and protect your family.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"

2. #2 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Looking forward to read your update with pictures and a range/safety test report when you get back from the range.
    Bgoff689 likes this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere.
    μολὼν λαβέ

3. #3 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    I love mine . Not as accurate for me as my sr22 but I'm working on it. Easy to shoot and clean. Mags are a true pain to load until you learn "the trick".

No ftf....a couple light strikes on cheap ammo.

Dead ringer feel wise in the hand with the 380 version.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    rclark28 and Bgoff689 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Thanks for the replies all of you!
    toytraindoc, I plan on documenting this purchase and can not wait to share. Like a kid at Christmas waiting to open a box. The LGS I ordered it from is going to try and link me with 10th. anniversary model. I may just research and get a reliable LCP 380 and move on.
    wsitgm, "Dead ringer feel wise in the hand with the 380 version." I am glad to hear your feedback on the 380 feel. Sounds like several range friends feel the same. They all have LCP's various 380 models and they have had very good luck with theirs. One or two with send backs but Ruger fixed them up. I know there will be difference in shooting between 22LR and 380 but the aspect of the same feel is good news.
    *You read so much negativity on the web that's why am glad you guys on here. Thanks all of you!
    Peace Favor Your Sword!
    Wounded Warrior Project

6. #5 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    New User
    I have a 10th Anniversary model and a Custom LCP 380. The extractor blew off the 10th Anniversary model after about 20 rounds, and I sent it back to Ruger and they fixed it. Actually, I sent the Custom one back twice as it consistently failed to feed and extract. I also sent back 2 LCP II's for the same problem. Ruger changed the slides and tested them with really expensive ammo. I still had the same problem. I was really frustrated as I wanted them to work dependably since I otherwise love every aspect of the LCP. So, I decided one last ditch effort. I upgraded the ammo to the American Eagle 95 grain .380 rounds, and the problem was solved. Not one more ftf or extract. They all worked like a charm. I finally restored my faith in the LCP. They just don't work will with cheaper ammo [Winchester white box that I bought from Walmart, and Speer Lawman 380]. I wish someone [perhaps even Ruger] had told me about the LCP's finickiness so I could have saved myself a few months of needless frustration. Just saying.
    rclark28 likes this.

7. #6 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    LCPLover-> Thanks for the data on the American Eagle 95 grain .380. Hopefully I will get a chance to acquire a LCP 380. Still waiting for my LCPII 22LR. due this week. Like a kid at Christmas! Sounds like you and others have had many send backs to the mother ship regarding the LCP...
    Wounded Warrior Project

8. #7 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Delivered today! After test checking and first lube/cleaning I will get to the range for initial test fire. Will attempt to log and report.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New LCPII 22LR on the way home.-a_lcpii22lr_new.jpg  
    Bgoff689 likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project

9. #8 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Thank God there is a safety on the .22lr version.....its the only way I can tell the 380 apart at a glance.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

10. #9 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    Looking forward to read your update with pictures and a range/safety test report when you get back from the range.
    LOL Same here. I have a safe full of just curious or what the heck purchases. I've found most 22 Caliber semi-autos tend to be a bit picky when it comes to ammo. I've had some were it takes a few hundred CCI Mini-Mags ran through to smooth thing out, before they will run the cheap stuff.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

11. #10 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    First range test went without issue. Just around 230 rounds total. Informal target setup for test. All x3 mags worked from Ruger. Easy to load. Good shooter.
    *First safety check with 40 rounds of CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235 at 7ft, 10ft, 15ft and 25ft was good enough for my old hands. After that only had time to get up to 230 rounds and all ammo cycled with no issues. The firearm cycled and was void of any issues I keep hearing about on the web. Easy to rack. I look forward to getting more time at the range. This is just my experience and I am aware of the critique of others. This is just my findings on day one.
    Ammo used today.
    CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
    CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
    Blazer 22LR 40gr LRN 1255fps
    Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
    Federal 22LR 36gr 1260fps CPHP
    Your results may vary.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New LCPII 22LR on the way home.-a_lcpii22lr_first.jpg  
    Wounded Warrior Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads