Ruger Pistol Forums banner

New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

10K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  Babbalou1956 
#1 ·
Went to check on my back ordered LCP 10th. anniversary model and it was still on order so I canceled the order. The shutdown caused issues with that LGS. I just purchased a Ruger LCPII 22LR Lite Rack from "The Bullet Ranch" with x2 additional mags. Estimated to be delivered next week. I went with the 22LR because my wife has been wanting one and her friends both of them have had very good luck with theirs at the range. I wanted one anyway so that is my excuse for getting one for me. If it works out I will get her one as well.
*Will update with pictures and a range/safety test report when I get the Ruger.
*Will research threads here for data and will probably have some questions.
*Anyone have anything they want to pass on regarding this new Ruger LCPII 22LR Lite Rack please feel free to forward any positive and or negative data.
Everyone be safe, keep your powder dry and protect your family.

#35 ·
Tomorrow I am going to try and purchase about a half dozen recoil springs. Is the guide rod Plastic? I have a few steel guide rods for the 380, hoping they fit. Recoil springs on these small guns wear out fast. Even the Phoenix HPA I was putting in Mcargo recoil springs. I use to change out the LCP recoil springs every 500 rds.

#36 ·
Tomorrow I am going to try and purchase about a half dozen recoil springs. Is the guide rod Plastic? I have a few steel guide rods for the 380, hoping they fit. Recoil springs on these small guns wear out fast. Even the Phoenix HPA I was putting in Mcargo recoil springs. I use to change out the LCP recoil springs every 500 rds.
I don't, as yet, own a personal Ruger LCP. Now, that does not involve any lack of "desire" to own one, I just haven't gotten around to ordering one for myself. What I do have available is an SR22 and my LC9 which is set up to suit my needs as best I can:

Not that I have big paws, but the thicker grip added to the LC9 suits me much better and I also like the fairly new Ruger extended magazines. I have replaced that "black plastic noodle" recoil spring rod on quite a few of the Ruger SR22, LC9 and even several Glock pistols with a lathe turned steel version, long before others started doing those commercially. I just like the idea of a steel rod as opposed to a flexible black nylon style.

The SR22 seems to function much better with the steel recoil spring rod also, and although I haven't shot one as yet, I can't help but think that the LCP pistol in both calibers would have better function with a steel recoil spring rod.

#38 ·
1.) Spare parts are next up for us to test. Need to make sure we have good replacement parts in times of trouble. Update us when you get done testing anything you try. Thanks.
2.) I have spare guide rods for our SR22's, EC9s and LC9 models but have not had time to look at LCPII22LR parts.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.