New LCPII 22LR on the way home. - Page 4

New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

This is a discussion on New LCPII 22LR on the way home. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I'm an LCP II .22lr owner. Broke the firing pin, replaced it, have put about 200 trouble free rounds thru it since then and added ...

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    I'm an LCP II .22lr owner. Broke the firing pin, replaced it, have put about 200 trouble free rounds thru it since then and added a Viridian laser.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2. #32 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Quote Originally Posted by wsitgm View Post
    I'm an LCP II .22lr owner. Broke the firing pin, replaced it, have put about 200 trouble free rounds thru it since then and added a Viridian laser.

Were you dry firing it? Where can you buy spare parts? I want to buy a spare firing spring and extra recoil springs. I can't find parts for this gun anywhere.

3. #33 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    I very lightly polished the feed ramp and smoothed sharp edges with #1500 emery paper and went back to the range to test some more. This time Mini Mag 36gr ran very well, so long as it ignited. Stingers also worked flawlessly with no F-T-T Feed, FTRTB or F-T-Ignite.
    I will test 40gr Mini Mag and Winchester Super-X 40gr Hyper Velocity next week.

Has anyone tried Aguila 40gr Intercepter? My LCP-II 22LR seem to work better with hotter ammo. So, I’m just curious.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #34 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    Were you dry firing it? Where can you buy spare parts? I want to buy a spare firing spring and extra recoil springs. I can't find parts for this gun anywhere.
    Yes, I was dry firing a lot. Ruger denied that was the issue as it is a titanium pin. I said send me the firing pin, spring and retention pin or the gun comes back....your choice. They sent me thwnparta but the wrong spring, which I believe was a 380 spring. Reused the original with no problems. Contacted Ruger again, told them about the wrong spring sent and they sent me another that looks ok. I posted the two springs and broken pin on one of the forums here.

6. #35 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Tomorrow I am going to try and purchase about a half dozen recoil springs. Is the guide rod Plastic? I have a few steel guide rods for the 380, hoping they fit. Recoil springs on these small guns wear out fast. Even the Phoenix HPA I was putting in Mcargo recoil springs. I use to change out the LCP recoil springs every 500 rds.
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.

7. #36 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    Tomorrow I am going to try and purchase about a half dozen recoil springs. Is the guide rod Plastic? I have a few steel guide rods for the 380, hoping they fit. Recoil springs on these small guns wear out fast. Even the Phoenix HPA I was putting in Mcargo recoil springs. I use to change out the LCP recoil springs every 500 rds.
    I don't, as yet, own a personal Ruger LCP. Now, that does not involve any lack of "desire" to own one, I just haven't gotten around to ordering one for myself. What I do have available is an SR22 and my LC9 which is set up to suit my needs as best I can:

Not that I have big paws, but the thicker grip added to the LC9 suits me much better and I also like the fairly new Ruger extended magazines. I have replaced that "black plastic noodle" recoil spring rod on quite a few of the Ruger SR22, LC9 and even several Glock pistols with a lathe turned steel version, long before others started doing those commercially. I just like the idea of a steel rod as opposed to a flexible black nylon style.

The SR22 seems to function much better with the steel recoil spring rod also, and although I haven't shot one as yet, I can't help but think that the LCP pistol in both calibers would have better function with a steel recoil spring rod.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

8. #37 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    I just ordered the Macarbo spring for the LCP22. I see that Ruger guide rod is pot medal, but supposedly the guide rods of the 380 are the same size. I have about thee or four 380 Steel rods and will use one of them.
    Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 07-01-2020 at 07:13 AM.

9. #38 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    1.) Spare parts are next up for us to test. Need to make sure we have good replacement parts in times of trouble. Update us when you get done testing anything you try. Thanks.
    2.) I have spare guide rods for our SR22's, EC9s and LC9 models but have not had time to look at LCPII22LR parts.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads