New LCPII 22LR on the way home. - Page 3

New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

This is a discussion on New LCPII 22LR on the way home. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I get no benefit from shooting Stingers out of short barrel pistols. Fun yes sometimes, but for me not practical....

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    I get no benefit from shooting Stingers out of short barrel pistols. Fun yes sometimes, but for me not practical.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

2. #22 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    I get no benefit from shooting Stingers out of short barrel pistols. Fun yes sometimes, but for me not practical.
    No benefit at all and a waste of money. Unless of course you just like the louder noise and fun. If that is the case shoot Aguila Interceptors. I shoot them out of my LCR22 revolver but will not shoot them out of any of my other 22.cal PISTOLS.

3. #23 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    I went back to the range and shot more. This time I also shot a box of CCI Stinger. Even though the gun was clean to start with, I think I had more FTFeeds and FTRTBs, especially with Stingers. It seemed that the longer case and light bullet do not really work well with this gun. I think my particular LCP-II 22lr seems to work best with 40gr high velocity ammo.

I ordered some Winchester Super X 40gr Hyper Velocity and Power Point ammo. If the 40gr Hyper Velocity ammo works reliably, I will stick with it

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Stingers and Winchester don't run well in the lcpII 22.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6. #25 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    First range test went without issue. Just around 230 rounds total. Informal target setup for test. All x3 mags worked from Ruger. Easy to load. Good shooter.
    *First safety check with 40 rounds of CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235 at 7ft, 10ft, 15ft and 25ft was good enough for my old hands. After that only had time to get up to 230 rounds and all ammo cycled with no issues. The firearm cycled and was void of any issues I keep hearing about on the web. Easy to rack. I look forward to getting more time at the range. This is just my experience and I am aware of the critique of others. This is just my findings on day one.
    Ammo used today.
    CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
    CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
    Blazer 22LR 40gr LRN 1255fps
    Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
    Federal 22LR 36gr 1260fps CPHP
    Your results may vary.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

Well rclark, looks like me and you are the only one's to step up to the Plate on this forum to get the LCP 22cal.
    Just ordered one for $299 and free shipping. Was going to wait for a while, but 380 and 9mm is about DONE. I have ordered about 5,000 rds of 22.cal on top of what I have. I have to train with the small Barrel some way. So here we go.
    Looks like we are the only two in the LCP 22 club. Really surprised no interest at all of this forum for this gun.
    Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 06-27-2020 at 07:50 AM.

7. #26 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Cannot believe they only ship with one magazine. Rip off. Just ordered two more from EBAY. $37.00 and some change. (two Pack). They are OEM mags in Ruger packaging. That is the good part. Which means magazines are only about 20.00 ea. Training with the LCP22 and the LCR22 will help keep the short barrel pistol skills honed. A MUST IMO if you own one and carry one.
    Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 06-27-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    rclark28 likes this.

8. #27 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Just went over the 500+ round count with ours and still having no issues. I like this little LCPII22LR and it turned out to be worth it. It does stink they only send one mag but I ordered two twin packs so I now have 5 for the range. I will get more when I can find them on sale. Many people have complained of issues but mine and the other 4 people I know that have one have had good luck with them. Mine cycles well and I keep it cleaned. This is a good gun to practice with for me. Price is high but worth it. With all the crap with the looting and and ammo shortage I am glad I am stocked up. I will train much more now with this one and my other rimfires. Hope you get good results with yours I will be interested in your findings. My knowledge is limited but I get buy. I love shooting all these small guns. Do not have any 380's anymore but love the rimfires, 9mm and my S&W642 38spc. Thinking about getting a LCRx, SP101 or GP in 357 next.
    *There are some here on this forum that have them but this forum is really quiet. It would be nice to get more interest sparked but it is what it is.
    *Maybe a section on the LCPII22LR would spark more posts?! These guys have been good to me.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

9. #28 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Just went over the 500+ round count with ours and still having no issues. I like this little LCPII22LR and it turned out to be worth it. It does stink they only send one mag but I ordered two twin packs so I now have 5 for the range. I will get more when I can find them on sale. Many people have complained of issues but mine and the other 4 people I know that have one have had good luck with them. Mine cycles well and I keep it cleaned. This is a good gun to practice with for me. Price is high but worth it. With all the crap with the looting and and ammo shortage I am glad I am stocked up. I will train much more now with this one and my other rimfires. Hope you get good results with yours I will be interested in your findings. My knowledge is limited but I get buy. I love shooting all these small guns. Do not have any 380's anymore but love the rimfires, 9mm and my S&W642 38spc. Thinking about getting a LCRx, SP101 or GP in 357 next.
    *There are some here on this forum that have them but this forum is really quiet. It would be nice to get more interest sparked but it is what it is.
    *Maybe a section on the LCPII22LR would spark more posts?! These guys have been good to me.
    I think now is a terrible time to buy any powder burner. Ammo is scarce and going up in price. I have a lot of 9mm and 380 stored up from over a long time. But want to use it very sparingly. A new powder burner means test the gun, training with a new gun etc. I have 6 pocket guns that I use to shoot on a regular basis. They now sit in the safe except for the one I carry. My last pocket gun was purchased in May. Heck, I did 200 rds of shooting that gun in the first day out. Finding 380 now would cost quite a bit. I have a Nano that I was shooting a lot. About 6,000 rds a year and now it sits.

I have been shooting the Phoenix 22'cal but they weigh 20oz so not really pocket guns. I also shoot the SR22, but again not a pocket size gun. And again the LCR22 is my favorite.

The days of shooting 200 rds of 380 will have to take a back seat for awhile. I am really hoping the LCR fill that itch and need to keep up my skills.

Last day of decent shooting of a pocket gun below. (380) 200 rds mixed--- I can reload, but believe supplies are going to dry up as well.

10. #29 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Yes ammo and access to firearms around here have taken a dive. I see many people flocking and buying due the mess we are in. I just spent time at the range again today with our wonder 9's, 1911's and kept the ammo count down to conserve.
    *I did put another 200 rounds down range with the LCPII22LR. MiniMag RN with some Federal and still had no issues. I also shot my S&W642 and loved every minute of it. Going through the process of selecting grips now on this one.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    NRA Member

11. #30 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Yes ammo and access to firearms around here have taken a dive. I see many people flocking and buying due the mess we are in. I just spent time at the range again today with our wonder 9's, 1911's and kept the ammo count down to conserve.
    *I did put another 200 rounds down range with the LCPII22LR. MiniMag RN with some Federal and still had no issues. I also shot my S&W642 and loved every minute of it. Going through the process of selecting grips now on this one.
    Yep, love my 642. I prefer the standard OEM grip with some of the course grip tape.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads