New LCPII 22LR on the way home. - Page 2

New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

This is a discussion on New LCPII 22LR on the way home. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by LCPLover I have a 10th Anniversary model and a Custom LCP 380. The extractor blew off the 10th Anniversary model after about ...

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPLover View Post
    I have a 10th Anniversary model and a Custom LCP 380. The extractor blew off the 10th Anniversary model after about 20 rounds, and I sent it back to Ruger and they fixed it. Actually, I sent the Custom one back twice as it consistently failed to feed and extract. I also sent back 2 LCP II's for the same problem. Ruger changed the slides and tested them with really expensive ammo. I still had the same problem. I was really frustrated as I wanted them to work dependably since I otherwise love every aspect of the LCP. So, I decided one last ditch effort. I upgraded the ammo to the American Eagle 95 grain .380 rounds, and the problem was solved. Not one more ftf or extract. They all worked like a charm. I finally restored my faith in the LCP. They just don't work will with cheaper ammo [Winchester white box that I bought from Walmart, and Speer Lawman 380]. I wish someone [perhaps even Ruger] had told me about the LCP's finickiness so I could have saved myself a few months of needless frustration. Just saying.
    FYI, Speer lawman is outstanding ammo, (speer Gold dot bullets).....It is the standard issue .380 ammo(and 9mm) for my police department along with most of the state's. Ruger is just not a quality weapon, I certainly wouldn't trust my life with it after the problems you stated.

2. #12 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    mtkfish, Agree on the Speer Lawman/Gold Dot ammo. I use it in my 9mm's and it has never failed me.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads