New LCPII 22LR on the way home. - Page 2

New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

This is a discussion on New LCPII 22LR on the way home. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by LCPLover I have a 10th Anniversary model and a Custom LCP 380. The extractor blew off the 10th Anniversary model after about ...

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New LCPII 22LR on the way home.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPLover View Post
    I have a 10th Anniversary model and a Custom LCP 380. The extractor blew off the 10th Anniversary model after about 20 rounds, and I sent it back to Ruger and they fixed it. Actually, I sent the Custom one back twice as it consistently failed to feed and extract. I also sent back 2 LCP II's for the same problem. Ruger changed the slides and tested them with really expensive ammo. I still had the same problem. I was really frustrated as I wanted them to work dependably since I otherwise love every aspect of the LCP. So, I decided one last ditch effort. I upgraded the ammo to the American Eagle 95 grain .380 rounds, and the problem was solved. Not one more ftf or extract. They all worked like a charm. I finally restored my faith in the LCP. They just don't work will with cheaper ammo [Winchester white box that I bought from Walmart, and Speer Lawman 380]. I wish someone [perhaps even Ruger] had told me about the LCP's finickiness so I could have saved myself a few months of needless frustration. Just saying.
    FYI, Speer lawman is outstanding ammo, (speer Gold dot bullets).....It is the standard issue .380 ammo(and 9mm) for my police department along with most of the state's. Ruger is just not a quality weapon, I certainly wouldn't trust my life with it after the problems you stated.

2. #12 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    mtkfish, Agree on the Speer Lawman/Gold Dot ammo. I use it in my 9mm's and it has never failed me.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

3. #13 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    I just got an LCP .22 today. My wife likes how easy it is to rack the slide, she had a hard time with my other pistols. She gets 3 fingers on that little grip. Small hands. Won't have time to go to the range until Wednesday. Looking forward to it. Academy was so picked over today, guns & ammo almost gone but they did have my LCP in stock. Update: Took it to the range today. Fun to shoot. Accurate for a tiny pistol. No problems. Going again tomorrow with my wife. Her sister wants one now.
    Last edited by Babbalou1956; 06-03-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    Ruger LCP .22
    (2) Ruger LCR 38
    Ruger 22/45 Mk 3
    SIG P290RS
    SIG P250 45
    SIG P250 SC 9mm
    (2) Beretta Pico 380
    Taurus 66 .357
    Taurus TX22

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Fun to shoot with a Viridian laser.....

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

6. #15 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Took the LCP .22 out again today. Last time I shot it after shooting my carry guns & didn't notice how creepy the trigger was. Today I shot my Taurus TX22 & Ruger MK 3 with a Volquartsen trigger kit. Then the LCP .22 last. Dang. Trigger was pretty creepy & heavier than I remembered. Hopefully Mcarbo or Galloway will have a trigger kit for this. Maybe it will smooth out some with more use.
    Ruger LCP .22
    (2) Ruger LCR 38
    Ruger 22/45 Mk 3
    SIG P290RS
    SIG P250 45
    SIG P250 SC 9mm
    (2) Beretta Pico 380
    Taurus 66 .357
    Taurus TX22

7. #16 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    New User
    I got an .380 LCP II for my wife also, to supplement her Walther PK 380. Wife is small, and just could not conceal the PK380 well, even after carrying it for more than 10 years. She has carried the LCP II for almost a year now, and put several hundred rounds through it w/o any problems. Like you mention, she can rack the slide easily, and the recoil is amazingly light for an ~ 10 oz pistol.

8. #17 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    Just picked up a new LCP-II 22LR this weekend.
    Shot a variety of High Velocity ammo from CCI and Remington right out of the box at the local range/gun shop. They all worked very well with the gun, except for CCI Mini-Mag, which I believe Ruger recommends... Mini Mag had at least 4 FTIgnites out of 100 rounds and one FTFeed. Those cartridges that failed to ignite all had a deep enough indentation mark on the rim, and all ignited on my second or third trial. So, it is not the gun because all other types of ammo I tried ignited on the first trigger pull and cycled gun just fine. I felt that CCI Velocitor worked the best because of the really high velocity. I did not have any CCI Stinger at the time, so I could not test it. But I wonder if Stinger may be too much for the little gun. My guess is that since the gun was originally designed to shoot the .380, by simply looking at the really thick barrel, it should be able to handle Stingers all right....??

Fun little gun. Very reliable and pretty accurate at 7 yards that I tried this time. (It is just very difficult to see the front sight, though it is still better than my gen 1 and gen 2 original LCPs.) I really like this gun.
    rclark28 likes this.

9. #18 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    SmokyT, glad the new LCP-II 22LR is working for you. I too have just tested and have had several range trips with mine and have had great luck with ours. Both have tested out without issue and I for one am very happy with the x2 we have. Nothing but reliable fun for us and if needed I am confident both will be reliable. I am having fun with one of them testing and putting it through some stress tests. So far it is a good shooter. I may paint the front site as you stated my old eyes fail and I have had good luck when I painted the front site on my EC9s. For the price on these Ruger's you can not go wrong IMHO.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    SmokyT likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

New User
    Just received my LCP2 22lr from my FFL. This is my 2nd .22 from Ruger. I have the SR22 which is a real pleasure to shoot and is very accurate.
    I bought the LCP2 22lr to replace a Charter Arms Pathfinder 22lr snubbie wirth an 8 round cylinder. The CA is going up for sale, now.
    I also have the LCP2 .380 which I absolutely love.
    I have several hundred problem-free rounds thru it with nary a problem & I've learned to shoot it accurately.
    I'm going to only use CCI ammo in the LCP2 22lr. It seems it works a little better according to the posts I've read read.

11. #20 Re: New LCPII 22LR on the way home. 
    I've had bad luck with stingers....i go with 40 gr ammo, usually CCI.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads