Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open"

Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open"

This is a discussion on Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open" within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; With all the businesses closed these days, it's nice to know that Ruger is still working. On March 6, shortly before I left on vacation, ...

Thread: Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open"

1. #1 Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open" 
    With all the businesses closed these days, it's nice to know that Ruger is still working. On March 6, shortly before I left on vacation, I Ruger offered to take my new LCP II back to look at it because the slide wasn't locking back on empty. It wasn't until I returned on March 15 that I could get around to shipping it, and by then, the self-quarantining had begun. Fortunately, FedEx was still operating, so I got the gun shipped off. Three days ago I received an email from Ruger informing me the repairs had been completed and the gun was being shipped back to me.

The only wrinkle I have to deal with now is receiving it. Because of the shutdown of pretty much everything, I had specified my office address for the return, because I felt like someone would be there to sign for it. Well, not so much, now. Ruger can't change the address, and I get that -- it's a firearm, so they have to be careful. I was told, let the delivery to my office fail, and then Ruger could ask me for an address. Well, that's another week or so of hither and yon, so I've decided I'm going in to my office Monday to wait for it.

I hope FedEx arrives early. They're working, Ruger is working, and so am I. I'm grateful for all of that!
    You can't call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

2. #2 Re: Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open" 
    Yep, an FFL has to mail the gun back to the exact same address due to ATF rules. I'm a FFL and know that is one rule you don't want to break.

3. #3 Re: Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open" 
    Quote Originally Posted by lws380 View Post
    Yep, an FFL has to mail the gun back to the exact same address due to ATF rules. I'm a FFL and know that is one rule you don't want to break.
    I went into the office today to wait for it. I actually got some stuff done (watered plants, pulled in the mail, and even some work!). FedEx arrived early, so I packed it up and left at lunch time. When I got home, I opened the box and read the report. No word of repairs, but they replaced the magazine (so now I have two 7-round) and said they fired 30 shots down range to check the sights and all was in order.

But I did notice that I now can't insert a magazine without pressing the magazine release! Maybe it's just something that needs to break in (I tried with different mags, so it's not the one), but since I can't go to the range to check it out (thanks, Gov. Blackface), I'll have to wait and see. I've loaded a mag and will start carrying it, hoping that it will work as advertised if the need ever arises.
    You can't call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open" 
    Good you got it back in a stage you can continue the safety and reliability test. Too bad they did not offer more data on what they came up with. Hope this works out for you. Not being 100% on CCW is thought provoking. One thing that is constant these days is Ruger's customer service. Glad they have a good service department! Good luck anyway!
    Keep your powder dry and take care of your family!
    Rick
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"

6. #5 Re: Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open" 
    New User
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    But I did notice that I now can't insert a magazine without pressing the magazine release! Maybe it's just something that needs to break in (I tried with different mags, so it's not the one),
    My wife has an LCP II and she must also push the mag release button to insert the mag. In reading different places, this is fairly common, and like you are thinking, is supposed to change with time. She has had her pistol for about a year and put 100 - 150 rounds through it, though, and must still push the release button (we do most of our practicing with .22 since there are neighbors in the area, and after warmiing up will put a mag or two through our ccw's). Beyond the mag button, which really does not bother us, she likes the LCP II for concealed carry. She is small, and carried a PK380 for 12 - 14 years, earlier, but the LCP II is much easier for her to ccw.

7. #6 Re: Glad That Ruger Is Still "Open" 
    Thanks, @ballay. Your post gives me some relief, since the range to which I belong has been shut down thanks to our overreaching governor and I can't take it for a test drive.

After going through a lot of guns, a lot of holsters and a lot of carry routines, I've finally settled on what works best for me. I have a P365 that I sometimes carry, but for my purposes. the LCP II is the right size for my hand and pocket. I've been carrying my .32 ACP Seecamp while the Ruger has been in the shop, which is also a terrific carry gun, and works real well for me as I'm out jogging and trying to be "socially distant."

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads