Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II?

Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II?

This is a discussion on Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Threads and posts I've seen and searched here go back quite a number of years. When I bought my LCP II, I also bought a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Old Cop
  • 2 Post By louchia

Thread: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II?

1. #1 Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    Threads and posts I've seen and searched here go back quite a number of years. When I bought my LCP II, I also bought a box of 50 rounds of Sellier &Bellot 92gr ($19.99 or about $.40/round) and a 25 round box of Hornday American Gunner 90gr XTP ($24.99 or about $1.00/round). I know I can get them cheaper online (for example, SGAmmo has the S & B for $11.95 and the Hornady for $14.95 - quite a difference!

I bought the ammo from my LGS because I wanted to have ammo right away, I wanted to throw a little business to my LGS, and I figured I'd get a good recommendation from him.

So, I know both brands, and have shot them in 9mm. I've heard mixed words on Tula and Wolf, so I avoid those. Perhaps my favorite range ammo is CCI Blazer Brass. I also buy bulk from LAX Ammo and have had good results with their new stuff.

.380 is a different beast, however. I see a lot of Fiocchi at good prices, and I've had good results in 9mm with that brand as well.

My looking into a Seecamp has gotten me very focused on ammo, since that little gun only shoots specific rounds well. My SIG P365 seems to eat everything I've given it, so I'm wondering where the LCP II stands in this playing field? Who uses what, and what do you recommend I avoid?
    You can't call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

2. #2 Re: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    I find the Foicchi to be a good balance of performance and cost. Either Extrema or FMJ. The only round I experienced a bobble with was with Blazer Aluminum. Most LCPs aren't picky. ETS was running the Lehigh Extreme Penetrator successfully in his. Pricey but maybe the best performer if you believe ballistic gel tests. I lean towards penetration in .380. Oh yeah I almost forgot the Sig FMJ.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

3. #3 Re: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    I found that the old style Federal 90 grain HP (not the newer HST) functions flawlessly in my LCP & LCPII, and it comes in a 50 round box for under $30.
    wsitgm likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    For range ammo, I use Blazer Brass. I find it reliable and inexpensive.
    OldStrummer and wsitgm like this.
    those who keep score tend to keep it in their favor.

6. #5 Re: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    I'll tell you one I dont recommend.....MaxxTech. I had a round go "pffffft" and left a bullet jammed in my barrel. Fortunately my lgs was able to pop it out with a dowel. I must say I'm nervous about using the brand now. Got them in a bass pro in vegas. I've had no issues with the brand in .45acp in my sr1911.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

7. #6 Re: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    I also had a terrible time with screwed up feeds with Federal Premium low recoil 90 gr Hydra-Shok JHP.

SIG V-Crown JHP no trouble.

Waiting for a pack of Lehigh Extreme Penetrator.....

My feed issues are all related to an aggravating and recurring extractor problem for my 380. No issues at all with the .22lr model.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wsitgm; 03-14-2020 at 01:53 PM.

8. #7 Re: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    I like the Fiocchi as well for range duty, and carry the ARX.

9. #8 Re: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    I like the Fiocchi as well for range duty, and carry the ARX.

10. #9 Re: Is There An Updated List of Recommended Ammo for the LCP II? 
    boo
    I practice with S&B 90 gr hardball.
    For SD I use Underwood XP @ 1100 fps.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads