I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

This is a discussion on I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Some may remember seeing an image of my LCP with a clip on the right side of it. I love it! My weapon is easy ...

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Some may remember seeing an image of my LCP with a clip on the right side of it. I love it! My weapon is easy to draw with just my thumb and a finger under the bottom of the clip just to lift. It takes zero effort. With the grip exposed as in the one image only your thumb is needed to draw. Also with the grip exposed the weapon will drop into your pocket as in the other image as you walk around a bit. If you expose the grip and sit down in a chair the weapon can be drawn with ease, even in a vehicle with your seat-belt on! The weapon has never come out of my pocket unintentionally nor has any mishap occurred.
    This little clip (tecna-clip) is very well designed with solid mounting and quality spring steel. Still tight and no wiggle after many years of use. I can still use my deep pocket holster as the clip can tuck inside and not cause a problem.
    I would not use it with the LCP II! And in my view would never put an LCP II in my pocket. I adrenaline rush train and know my safety limitations. Denny
    Click on photo to enlarge
    I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome-img_0455.jpgI sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome-img_0456.jpgI sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome-finished-custom-2-.png
    BoBo522 likes this.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

2. #2 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Deny, I have seen some LEOs and other people carry their Elsie that way. Couple LEOs have told me that sometimes the grip is hard to hide and they do go back using the pocket holster. if it works for you and you are comfortable with it, keep on using Elsie that way.
    Bgoff689 likes this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere.
    μολὼν λαβέ

3. #3 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    My only concern would be the exposed trigger guard, even w/the original LCP design.
    mukwah likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Most of the time, I don't even carry a knife that way!

Your photos make it seem quite obvious that you're carrying, but you may have intended the photos to be that way.

I carry my LCP II in a pocket holster.
    You can't call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

6. #5 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Hey, Denny. Here's a photo of my LCP with a similar clip, positioned slightly differently. I used it for appendix, inside waistband, carry and it actually worked really well. It was comfortable, and could even be worn with a tucked-in shirt by just slightly pulling just enough shirt to cover the slightly exposed grip.

However, the old adage from my aerobatic flying days goes; "There are old pilots, there are bold pilots but, very few old, bold pilots." Thus, as I've become old I've become less bold and more concerned with continuing longevity, so I removed the clip and use a pocket or IPS holster. I do agree that the clip has such a low profile that the pistol could still be easily carried in my pocket holster.

Click to see full screen.
    I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome-img_8342.jpg
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

“Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own, he who, secure within, can say, Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.” Horace

7. #6 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Seems Handy enough but personally I would be self-conscious with the butt of the gun sticking up out of my jeans like that, and I would never carry any pistol with an uncovered trigger. That’s just me, I know some guys are comfortable doing that, so whatever works for you.
    rclark28 likes this.

8. #7 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    In Texas, we have open carry and conceal carry. If this type of carry is seen, then it would not fall under conceal carry, because it is not concealed. Open carry cannot apply either as in Texas you can only open carry if it is a belt holster or shoulder holster. So IMO, it would be illegal if seen.

Secondly, after making holsters for about 13 to 14 years now, I've had the occasion to talk to lots of customers over the years (virtually thousands). I've had a hand full of them let me know they had shot themselves, and one being a LEO. In all of the cases where they had shot themselves, it was from a gun not in a holster. My recommendation is to always carry with the trigger protected. That will not guarantee you won't shoot yourself, but it certainly helps IMO. The other best practice is to keep the booger finger off of the trigger until you're ready to shoot.
    mukwah and rclark28 like this.

9. #8 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    I have, a times, carried a .22lr I have with a Techna-Clip. Not my first option for carry but it works in a pinch. Also, I have a NAA Mini-Revolver in .22WMR that I carry when it is nor feasible to carry anything else. Typically at a special event where I have to wear a tux or a suit. It has the folding clip grip installed. Doesn't deploy fast but its better than a sharp stick and a mean face.

I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome-naa3.jpg
    There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus
    CGC Point Evans WPB 82354
    MSO LA/LB SAR & Drug Interdiction Team

10. #9 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Nice NAA. I tried one of those folding holsters but sent it back. Got a nice little leather pocket holsters instead. Replaced the tiny birds head grips with a boot grip for a little more purchase but still the gun is about as small as it gets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome-20181103_201621_001.jpg  
    Last edited by pennsy; 03-10-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    chefduane and Whiskeyshooter like this.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

w
    I'd be interested in that if it was designed just a little differently so that the gun was just below the top of the pocket instead of showing. I'd have no qualms about carrying my old gen 1 lcp and gen 1 1/2, whatever they called it, with the trigger uncovered, but the new ones have a very light trigger pull, or so I've heard. Just keep your finger off the trigger when pulling it out, and never carry anything else in the same pocket, like keys, coins, frogs...

I'd like something like that that would keep it riding higher in my front pocket so it would be more easily accessible than trying to dig it out. Does anyone make a clip like that? That's actually one of the main reasons i switched to a revolver, because it's easier to grab and pull out.
    Denny4kids likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads