I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome - Page 8

I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

This is a discussion on I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by Bsides01 You need to check out this video from Galloway precision.It is for installing a peacemaker trigger in an LCP but it ...

Like Tree28Likes

Thread: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. #71 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsides01 View Post
    You need to check out this video from Galloway precision.It is for installing a peacemaker trigger in an LCP but it has disassembly and assembly instructions shown in an easy to follow manner.I used it to install the Peacekeeper in my LCP.Believe me,if I can take it apart and reassemble it and it works,anyone can.The hammer must be set properly on reassembly for things to work properly.

Nice video, but he didn't pop out the small middle pin (the one to the right of "RUGER") like stoopid me, and that's the problem.

2. #72 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    I called Ruger again and after a 25 minute wait I finally got someone who was good and she sent me a return label for free. She said repairs usually take 5-7 days. I hope they don't faint when they see what I did to it!
    rclark28 likes this.

3. #73 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    I carry my old LCP in my pocket often and have for a lot of years, sometimes it goes into the 5th pocket of my jeans, shirts never tucked for the most part, long trigger pull is safe imo, nothing goes into the same pocket ever, brotherinlaw shot his self last summer with a kel tec in 380, he claimed nothing in his pocket but I find that hard to believe, went in mid thigh came out right before it hit the knee cap, about a 10" tunnel and not sure if it went between the skin and meat or the meat. heard the shot when he was mowing with a high weed mower on a hill, thought the mower back fired because it quit as soon as I heard the pop. 10 minutes later he walked over with clean jeans on and asked me to take him to the hospital. scary stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #74 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    mike243, Another good reason to have a pocket holster or trigger guard IMHO! Or something to protect the trigger when CC. rick
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

6. #75 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    I called Ruger again and after a 25 minute wait I finally got someone who was good and she sent me a return label for free. She said repairs usually take 5-7 days. I hope they don't faint when they see what I did to it!
    w, You are not the first or the last that ended up needed some assistance. We all have done similar things in the past. I too took apart my Mark III 22/45 and needed help from members here and other forums. It is a great learning curve. Ruger should serve you well. Update the forum on the outcome. When you get it back take some serious time to evaluate your needs and practice/practice/practice!. Good luck and be safe. rick
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

7. #76 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    w, You are not the first or the last that ended up needed some assistance. We all have done similar things in the past. I too took apart my Mark III 22/45 and needed help from members here and other forums. It is a great learning curve. Ruger should serve you well. Update the forum on the outcome. When you get it back take some serious time to evaluate your needs and practice/practice/practice!. Good luck and be safe. rick

Once I finally got the right person on the phone, super service! They even paid shipping both ways and Fedex boxing too and no charge for the repair. I got an email from them yesterday saying they received the gun parts, and today another email saying they've completed the repair and are "now preparing it for shipment" and will send me the tracking number when it is shipped.

8. #77 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by mike243 View Post
    I carry my old LCP in my pocket often and have for a lot of years, sometimes it goes into the 5th pocket of my jeans, shirts never tucked for the most part, long trigger pull is safe imo, nothing goes into the same pocket ever, brotherinlaw shot his self last summer with a kel tec in 380, he claimed nothing in his pocket but I find that hard to believe, went in mid thigh came out right before it hit the knee cap, about a 10" tunnel and not sure if it went between the skin and meat or the meat. heard the shot when he was mowing with a high weed mower on a hill, thought the mower back fired because it quit as soon as I heard the pop. 10 minutes later he walked over with clean jeans on and asked me to take him to the hospital. scary stuff.

Yow. I've front pocket carried for many years as well. I don't know how that could have happened, but now I mistrust Kel-tec even more than I did before, if that's possible!

w
    I got my LCP back from Ruger today, all put together. Enclosed letter said it's been test fired 24 times without a malfunction. They even sent me a big silicone gun cloth. I just need to go out and test it for myself. Great Ruger service, way beyond what they could have done, because they could have said it was not damaged during normal usage, it was deliberately damaged. I'm very impressed. I didn't expect that. I was alreacdy giving it up for lost.

Actually I'd still like a pocket clip because it is very hard to get at it while seated...but no way will i pop out a pin to attach one!

One thing - i took the barrel off to make sure they hadn't put a lot of grease or lube on it (they hadn't) and then i had some trouble reinserting the little connecting pin. Not sure why. Perhaps they replaced the springs with stronger ones.
    Last edited by w; 07-29-2020 at 12:42 AM.
    Denny4kids likes this.

10. #79 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    Tried it out yesterday. Good as new! My only puzzle is why it is so hard for me to put it back together after cleaning it now. I've broken down these guns for cleaning (as opposed to what I did above!) many times and it was always very easy to put back together. Now I have a lot of trouble getting the slide back on, and even after I manage that I have trouble getting the pin pushed back in. That's happened twice now, when i inspected it after getting it back from Ruger and after shooting it yesterday. I managed both times but it wasn't easy like it used to be. I tried to call Ruger to ask what they might have changed, but they're not in today. I'll try again tomorrow. The gun does work perfectly, though.
    Last edited by w; 08-06-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads